Do you ever get the feeling that your horse just doesn't appreciate you...?

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by NaeNae, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Bakkir

Bakkir Senior Member

Oh ya. My new girl has not been happy with me. I have been away too much. Of course she doesnt know I'm sick. Wish I could explain it to her, lol.

For now I will just have to deal with a grumpy dirty pony.

2. Rachel1786

Rachel1786 Senior Member

About 5 minutes ago I was just yelling at Bella for trying to do the same thing, nice warm meal with some nice flax seed and she is just trying to dump it out just to eat it off the dirt floor... Mares :rolleyez:

NaeNae likes this.
  3. Larkspade

Larkspade Senior Member

My arab, who was skin and bones when I got her, keeps her grain in her bucket, her hay off the ground when eating out of the barrel, and delicately eats hrr hay out of the hay net. Doesnt like to be caught but HAY, you give and take.
    (Pun intended)

4. Suzanneszoo

Suzanneszoo Senior Member

We have a gelding that flings his food everywhere, can't stand to keep his head in his bowl for more than 10 seconds because he might miss something, and always has to have one foot up in a begging position when eating. He now gets fed in a bowl that is anchored to the wall; when we feed him it sounds like he's tearing the wall apart.

I think I feel exactly the OTHER way. He waaaaaay over-appreciates the 3 warm mashes that he gets every day. (We wet his food to stop him from flipping all the dry pellets everywhere and to get the supplements to stick).

Larkspade likes this.
  5. AmyK

AmyK Senior Member

I have a mare who goes through twice the shavings the other two do, because she not only can't just poop in one place, but when she poops she churns it all up into a mess. Same mare gets her water bucket chained to the stall wall or she will dump it once she drinks it down low enough that she can flip it. I'm sure we all feel your pain!

NaeNae and Larkspade like this.
  6. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

When I put the hay in the feeder and Millie takes her little nosey and flips the whole flake up and over the wall and out into the dirt. :flaming:
    0rrrrr, she flips it towards the gate, where she can't possibly reach it, then stands there hollerin' her Hawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww~aHawwww~!! at me to come get it for her. o_O

Maggot, on the other hand, never moves the flakes. She starts at the top and works her way down until the whooooole flake is in her stomach~!! :ROFLMAO:

7. Dona Worry

Dona Worry Senior Member

We have a cow called Itsy that pushes allllll the food within her reach away before she starts eating. And then she can't reach it, so she gets down on her knees and tries to eat that way, but cannot resist pushing it away MORE so then she stands up and bawls and bellows and makes a racket until you stop what you are doing and go push it up.
    I have pushed more feed to Itsy over the years than probably all the other cows combined.

ginster, AmyK, Arem and 1 other person like this.
  8. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Agghh.. She wants it the way she wants it. :cool:

9. Arem

Arem Senior Member

Years ago, my BO decided to try to keep the hay off the (sandy) ground for the horses by putting it in a big tub for them.

Brandi liked to flip all of the hay out of the tub, eat all the little pieces from the bottom of the tub, then eat the rest of the hay off the sandy ground like usual. :rolleyes:

manesntails and Larkspade like this.
  10. Dona Worry

Dona Worry Senior Member

Itsy was in her usual form today.

Attached Files:

ginster, AmyK, Arem and 1 other person like this.