Do you ever get the feeling that your horse just doesn't appreciate you...?

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by NaeNae, Nov 10, 2017.

1. NaeNae

NaeNae Senior Member

Soak her food in nice warm water to let her warm up from a chilly day. Rinse her feed bucket out because it was dirty. Pour warm mush in nice clean feed bucket on her rubber feeding mat so she doesn't have to eat off of the ground.

Turn around, she's kicking it.

Turn around once more, she's got the bucket in her mouth and is dumping said warm feed all over the ground.

:cautious::cautious:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Oh River...

Arem, LaceyInJuneau, AmyK and 9 others like this.
  2. CabterCrazy

CabterCrazy Senior Member

She just wanted to share with you! Or inspect its quality ;)

NaeNae likes this.
  3. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

LOL. oh yes, so often....no appreciation for us trying to do nice things for them.

4. CJ

CJ Senior Member

At least she kept it on the mat. (y)
    Not your fault you didnt know she wanted it served in a bowl instead of a plate. :blushing:

When my horse didnt appreciate me, hed poop in the water bucket to remind us both. And vote his general disapproval about something. It was rare, but effective.

GONE ROPING, mooselady and NaeNae like this.
  5. NaeNae

NaeNae Senior Member

She was also white when I left the barn the other day. Yesterday, came into the mud monster. :cautious:

manesntails and mooselady like this.
  6. NaeNae

NaeNae Senior Member

Oh my gosh, River is the queen of pooping in her water bucket as well. :mad:

7. Faster Horses

Faster Horses Senior Member

My jerk horse does the same thing every day.

Losers.

8. Dona Worry

Dona Worry Senior Member

Quest is an ungrateful little piece of you-know-what sometimes. He likes to poop on his hay, play with his water, dribble his grain, roll in his blanket.
    His momma, on the other hand, is almost pathetically grateful. For everything. A warm blankie? For me?! A bucket of warm water on a cold night? For me?! A nice hot mash made from my grain and sweet beet pulp?? For me?! A WHOLE BUNCH OF BANANAS?! ALL FOR ME?! Oh, so warm, so happy, so yummy. I shall wear it carefully, eat every bite, make the cutest faces and nicker sweetly and let you kiss my nosey.

Larkspade and ginster like this.
  9. NaeNae

NaeNae Senior Member

I wish either one of my horses liked me as much as Calypso likes you. Katie, for 8 years, has been judging me whenever I don't bring her food, and ignoring me FOR the food when I do, and River prefers my boyfriend. :cautious:

ginster likes this.
  10. Dona Worry

Dona Worry Senior Member

I'm not sure if 'like' is the right word. . . I think she just appreciates someone being nice to her and doing special things to make her happy, I am not sure how much of that she experienced in her previous life.
    Quest, however, knows nothing but almost every whim being fulfilled as quick as possible, and a constant supply of food and attention. So he is a ungrateful brat sometimes!