Do people realize when they have an ugly kid?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by bellalou, Jul 11, 2018.

1. froglander

froglander Senior Member

I don’t have kids, but have wondered the same thing, some kids just aren’t cute.

However, my nieces are all pretty adorable :D

2. Faster Horses

Faster Horses Senior Member

My child looked like my FIL as a newborn. Not like his dad, his grandpa. So weird.

My kid is adorable. I'm totally not biased at all.

I mean, he gives me ideas on how we should have our own farm, like getting him a pony, a couple cows, some pigs, and a windmill. So he's awesome.

froglander likes this.
  3. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

You mean the ones that freak you out when you go have a peek into someone's baby carriage and you think, at first, it's an old, stained, motorized cabbage patch kid?

The wife of one of our grooms had a kid like that. Daily we heard about how sick she was being pregnant. It was all he talked abut: the wife being pregnant and every detail of every doctor's visit was visited upon us.

Then she had the kid.

My gawd~!! You never seen a more blotchy, red and white skinned, scabby, patchy-headed kid in your life. Almost repulsive to look at~!!

Thankfully, by the age of two, she prettied up a lot. You would never think it was the same kid. That's the only truly unattractive one I've seen.

ChestersMomma and bellalou like this.
  4. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

Be careful how you react.....I think it was people recoiling in horror when they looked in the pram that gave me my self esteem issues! :rofl:

My first born was gorgeous, if you ignored the great big crease down the side of his face, where they turned him with forceps. The second....not so much, but he got real cute by the time he was 2 months old.

bellalou and manesntails like this.
  5. bellalou

bellalou Senior Member

i agree with those who find babies hideous. They’re like little primates, human-like but not quite human. :p

My nephew was quite ugly as a baby. Large round head, orange hair, blotchy. He’s in his 30s now and very handsome but he was a fright as a small one.

Arem and manesntails like this.
  6. emali06

emali06 Senior Member

I have some friends that are reasonably attractive but their kid combinations came out horrible LOL Just not cute.

Then I have some less than attractive friends that had super cute kids.

I don't say anything either way.

7. Circle C

Circle C Senior Member

All babies are ugly lol

8. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

I had a neighbor lady, homely woman, but super nice person, everyone loved her, had 5 girls. Super cute kids with ugly personalities, everyone avoided them~!!

9. Bakkir

Bakkir Senior Member

Ha ha Liam was BEAUTIFUL. Perfect hair and big eyes with long double eye lashes and a sweet smile with huge dimples. Everyone loved him because he was the sweetest little devil.

In kindergarten they make all the little ones line up to go anywhere. No one was allowed to leave the group, except Liam. He would run to the principal's office, and pull up a chair to chat. I'm not kidding. He did this everyday. He was so cute and smart that he got away with it. He has always gotten special treatment from his teachers and well everybody. He just graduated grade 12. I'm sure his winning smile and looks will continue to pave the way.

I know a mother shouldn't think like that, but I have seen how his looks work in action. It's like a super power, lol.

froglander, manesntails and Larkspade like this.
  10. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

My youngest had that...after he go out of the yuck stage at 2 months...it lasted right into adulthood, always send him up for drinks in a busy bar with a women serving, he invariably gets served straight away, while lesser mortals wait inline..

manesntails likes this.