DLB Progress Thread ~ Dressage

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by DocsLglyBlonde, Dec 25, 2016.

1. DocsLglyBlonde

DocsLglyBlonde Senior Member

Missy Moo got clipped again, hopefully for the last time this winter. Her coat growth was mainly guard hairs, but the coat itself wasn't all that thick. I severely messed up how long it had been since clipping her in my above post, but I clipped 11/1, so her coat was still not all that bad for ~6 weeks later. I gave her a full face but am terrible at blending eyes and don't want to take off any eye feelers, so it'll just look silly until the rest grows a little. We've been doing very little to no work. It's been cold. And frozen. And gross. Did I mention I hate winter??

Clip prep: IMG_20181215_151713.jpg
    So fresh!
    IMG_20181215_164141.jpg

IMG_20181215_165833.jpg

ginster, mooselady and LoveTrail like this.
  2. DocsLglyBlonde

Jessie's Christmas photo shoot photos can go here. I'm plastering them all over :p
    IMG_1607 (2).JPG IMG_1612 (2).JPG
    I just love this one. IMG_1620 (3).JPG IMG_1645 (2).JPG IMG_1644 (2).JPG
    "I told you, just be a happy model."
    "Ok sorry Mom. I'll stop trying to bite my brother. For now..." IMG_1611 (2)-01.jpeg
    My fave :heartbeat: Mainly I think because I'm not in it :LOL:
    IMG_20181216_184548_489.jpg

3. mkoktavy

mkoktavy Senior Member

Such pretty ponies :loveflag:

DocsLglyBlonde likes this.
  4. DocsLglyBlonde

Thank you :)

5. DocsLglyBlonde

I won't update everything here since I did in the other thread, but Jessie had a bunch of teeth issues, got them fixed, is all off her meds now except I started her on Equisure for good measure and she has been feeling incredibly good lately. She's back to pawing for her food and eating everything in site :p

I haven't ridden because it's been cold and frozen, but I did lunge her the week before last in the big outdoor before it froze again and she had a blast! She was showing off for the neighbor's baby most of the time, acting like a 5 year old herself :rolleyes:

9BFBC3112348ADB7D1E553D9B4936423.jpg 7A49D99A46E5C0765239C9FAC918602A.jpg 6201698AB661DBC735A3A813E940FBA9.jpg Screenshot_20190106-134559.png
    And I don't know how to upload the video, but this was her best giraffe passage impression while showing off for her neighbors :rofl: Screenshot_20190113-113404.png

Lastly, she definitely looked a little off through the left hip. She pretty much worked out of it, but she started out definitely a little off... It could've been the hocks, but she has been pretty sore around SI (and this is with rest considering she has pretty much been on vacation). I think her SI is getting aggravated, probably stemming from the hocks. Anyways, I'm out on my last clinical affiliation right now, and my mentor does a lot of instrument assisted soft tissue mobilization, which prompted me to finally buy the instrument I've wanted for a while (and good news is, stainless can be easily cleaned so my family and the pony are going to be used to practice on :D ). AND, I have spoken out in the past about not really thinking there is a benefit to it and there being terrible quality research on it, but my mentor also uses a good amount of RockTape on patients with excellent anectdotal results in most of them. Soooo, I bought Jessie a roll of RockTape to mess around with at SI and see if it helps her at all. I think I'll want to do it when we are able to work afterwards though, so I may not actually test it out for a little while. I'm also really contemplating if and how I want to go about working part time as an equine PT because there is such an obvious need for it :whistle:

6. DocsLglyBlonde

Miss Mare is killing me. I did some light body work today and now her L stifle is bugging her. The joint feels fine, ligaments feel fine, no obvious edema, so I'm assuming there some arthritis in there too. She's due for Adequan in a couple of days, but I'm starting to wonder if Previcox is going to be what's needed before long. I'm feeling negative because she seems to be falling apart on me, but at the same time I know her arthritis needs movement which she has not been doing enough of. She's not one to move around much in her paddock and really needs some structured work. It would help if she didn't always lay on her left side too... :rolleyez: She is eating everything in sight with her teeth and tummy feeling better, but needs to go on a little bit of a diet now. Shhhh! Don't tell her.

I tried out the new tape, and it was nice to practice with and she seemed to like it. I think I'll order the 4 inch to keep messing around with. My bad knee is clicky and achey right now probably from work and the weather, so I might test it out for myself too tonight!
    MVIMG_20190119_125510.jpg IMG_20190119_145009_043.jpg

ginster likes this.
  7. LoveTrail

LoveTrail Senior Member

It might be her hamstring which you didn't tape. Foxy recently hurt his pelvis in turnout and I think I got that fixed, but his hamstrings are very sore now from that. I just looked at some videos about helping him there and found the Rock Tape video on taping for hamstrings.

8. DocsLglyBlonde

She had no issues with me working on hamstrings, but had a big reaction when I started poking the stifle along the joint line. I'll see how the tape works! I put it on my knees last night and do kind of like it so far, just unsure of whether or not it's super helpful. We'll see!

LoveTrail and Alsosusieq2 like this.
  9. Rhythm 'n Blues

Rhythm 'n Blues Senior Member

I can tell you that when a combine effort between both horses ended in me breaking the 2nd littlest toe - Rock Tape was THE ONLY THING that let me be able to even sit with my foot up without being in a lot of pain! I sat with it elevated for 5 hours and couldn't get it to stop throbbing, but within minutes of taping it, the throbbing stopped completely and I was actually able to walk. I know, totally different thing through, as swollen & broken vs just sore. My sore shoulder was solved instantly when a pro tapped it...and it had been making even siting at a computer desk painful for days. :)

Rachel1786 and DocsLglyBlonde like this.
  10. Rachel1786

Rachel1786 Senior Member

Your post makes me want to get some tape and research how to tape my bad ankle, it's been almost 2 years since I broke it and it still gives me trouble.