DLB Progress Thread ~ Dressage

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by DocsLglyBlonde, Dec 25, 2016.

1. DocsLglyBlonde

DocsLglyBlonde Senior Member

DLB want. DLB no need. But DLB WANT (want the entire fall Eskadron collection... especially that black blue) :barefoot:
    c2i_510201894347.png c2i_510201894157.png c2i_510201894550.png c2i_510201894632.png

Pony123 likes this.
  2. DocsLglyBlonde

I also did a little side by side. Top photo is July of this year, bottom is October of this year. Her color difference is distracting and her coat now makes it hard to capture muscle definition, and they're not quite at the same angle... but I see less pot belly, less neck crest for sure, more muscle in front of the withers (she was getting quite the dip there), and a better muscled hind end even though the definition is hard to see in the more recent one. And them dapples :love:

instasize_181105100736.png

NaeNae and Pony123 like this.
  3. ginster

ginster Senior Member

Which one is black blue?
    The first one looks very dark brown on my monitor, last one is a silvery hunter green?

4. ginster

ginster Senior Member

Hm. I find it a bit hard to see, a) because her coat looks so different and b) because the angle is different (esp. since she is leaning forward in that first pic).

Her neck looks less cresty now but also less muscular? And her hind end certainly looks rounder now while she lost a bit of belly.
    Overall, I have to say, I think her coat looked healther in the summer than it does now. There was some shine to it she doesn´t have right now, probably due to the recent clip?

DocsLglyBlonde likes this.
  5. DocsLglyBlonde

First one is black blue - a very dark Navy with brown binding :)
    She's definitely lacking some shine with the recent clip. One of the reasons I clipped her was because she was getting pretty dry skinned under all the fur she had grown in already, which is typical of PPID. She gets flax daily, which has helped imo. I want to bathe and condition her at some point to get a clean slate so to speak and help get that bloom back. It's just been nasty weather lately! The first pic was also in sun (unclipped) and the second was shady, where I had to edit it to brighten it up. Her coat was THICK already, and definitely not the best quality coat. ETA it's worth noting too, she was probably doused in a high shine product in the first pic because her coat was already long. I have only been using silicone free conditioners on her since being clipped to keep her skin healthier.

I go back and forth on her neck so much... She definitely lost some unhealthy crest, and she builds the underside of her neck very easily, but now that we've been working semi regularly, I'm hoping the lack of muscle appearance is less hypertrophy underneath and more of the correct muscles building up (like in front of the withers, which IRL has definitely filled out in the last few months). She does not have the nicest neck conformation though honestly. I appreciate the feedback though so much though - it's nice to have another more sets of eyes on her than just me!

ginster likes this.
  6. LoveTrail

LoveTrail Senior Member

Actually I found out that dip in front of the withers is not lack of muscle, but where the crest started. I didn't think Foxy had a crest until I read that. I kept on saying he atrophied in front of his withers, nope he got a crest.

Laminitis, EMS and PPID

Her body condition has improved. She is less round round in the belly and her hind end is more muscular. Since you had to body clip, harder to tell if her coat improved other than she has dapples now.

DocsLglyBlonde and ginster like this.
  7. DocsLglyBlonde

Oh that makes sense! I'm glad you think her condition has improved some too!

She got a pumpkin spice bath yesterday with warm water and lots of scrubbing... She was actually much dirtier than I thought she was! The suds coming off of her were not white :p Then I used an Eqyss conditioner on her, so she doesn't only smell good, but should be very moisturized and conditioned now! Now if we ever see the sun again I might get some nice shiny photos of her... :rolleyez:

She has a minor boo boo but she is a piglet and will smother it with poop with its location, hence the vet wrap :rolleyes: IMG_20181105_155659.jpg

LoveTrail and ginster like this.
  8. ginster

ginster Senior Member

That face is saying "Who, me? I am not a piglet.."

9. DocsLglyBlonde

Lol her status this morning would say otherwise :rolleyez: Her freshly washed blanket was soaked in poop juice on the hind quarter (conservative area estimate lol), her legs were filthy, her entire stall was filthy (Samson goes outside, so it's not like she's forced to dirty up her stall...) but somehow her tail stayed clean! I swear I clean, she just seeks out the poops :rofl:

ginster likes this.
  10. ginster

ginster Senior Member

Yum. Been there...Thankfully, the horse was black, so easier to hide but his blankets always looked filthy...and then I went from him to a very tidy tb stallion. What a difference. Though that stallion was pretty aloof. I´d have taken my 17 cuddlebug piggy back in a second.

DocsLglyBlonde likes this.