DLB Progress Thread ~ Dressage

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by DocsLglyBlonde, Dec 25, 2016.

1. DocsLglyBlonde

DocsLglyBlonde Senior Member

We did a bitless bareback ride today for the heck of it. I did the same the other day in our field and she went into an easy canter so I just let her stretch out. I don't know if I've ever cantered her bareback before honestly, but what a glorious feeling. She was so incredibly relaxed, lifted in her back, rhythmic, and a dream to sit to I might add. We rode in the arena today and she was happy to plod around, spook at the neighbor's stupid baby horse (lol I don't miss riding a baby brained horse at the moment...), then do a beautiful canter to top it off. She may be running into some aging related crud, but what a different horse she still is from when we started this journey of learning together last year :loveflag: I'm hoping to get her out to the state park tomorrow and will be back with some photos if I do! IMG_20180623_175121_345.jpg

2. DocsLglyBlonde

What a lovely ride this afternoon in the state park! She was too cute and such a good girl. She didn't want to get righty, but did after a couple tries and exuberantly held it through the big field :D

Attached Files:

3. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Sorry to hear she tested positive, but it was pretty much just confirmation. Looking good as usual pretty lady!!

DocsLglyBlonde likes this.
  4. DocsLglyBlonde

I think her pill is already working! I rode her today in the ring, asking for some for some of the stuff we'd been working on in lessons for the first time in a while (we'd just been doing bitless trail rides tbh) and she felt amazing. She started out a little stiff, but she is still dealing with some edema from the chaste berry supplement I had her on (which she is no longer on). After a good warm up though, she blew me away with her LYs, SFs, lateral suppleness, and willingness to get each lead for a little canter work. Maybe it was a good rest break that gave her body some needed rest, but her attitude has also been so much better (much happier overall and definitely more willing to work) that I'm hoping the Prascend is what's making her feel better overall :) 20180707_183208.jpg

5. Alsosusieq2

Sounds like it, fantastic. :)

6. DocsLglyBlonde

We haven't been doing a whole lot, but she's feeling really great lately. I think I'm going to plan on doing a 6 month check for ACTH levels before another tooth float, which would be sometime early December. I'll probably hold off on lessons and anything until then, and will likely just wait until spring to start again assuming her levels are in check. Below are some photos from various rides recently :) Screenshot_20180901-190718.png Screenshot_20180901-190658.png Screenshot_20180901-190739.png

Then I reinstalled an app now that I got a new phone, Dress My Horse, and it's amazing and all I want now is a Jade Eskadron outfit, but I have no money :rolleyes: c2i_182018191513.png c2i_18201819185.png
    And a Navy and yellow floral... c2i_182018191836.png
    I need halppppp

7. Rachel1786

Rachel1786 Senior Member

So now I have the app and am "trying on" various items for Mark...my credit cards can't handle any more purchases lol

Alsosusieq2 and DocsLglyBlonde like this.
  8. DocsLglyBlonde

I'm having way too much fun designing matchy outfits for someone who has no money to spend at the moment :ROFLMAO: c2i_88201811826.png
    How cute is he in YELLOW?!
    Also, I love my Lemieux plum outfit, but she also looks bomb in Eskadron's deep plum :love:
    c2i_782018112034.png

Anyways ... We had a very nice ride yesterday. She started out really stiff, and at first I thought it was feet (though I always check pulses before riding because I'm paranoid), then it felt like a shoulder and maybe stifle and/or back issue. I have not been doing much with her with the heat we've been having, but it's finally nice out, so I think it's a combo of stiff shoulders probably from stomping the darn flies that are out of control at the moment, and some stifle and back weakness. She ended up working out of it surprisingly well. I Incorporated the canter into our warm up, down a couple long sides, and it really helped to loosen her up and it was obvious she felt better afterward (read: I had to remind her we don't only canter :p ). I worked on using the long diagnonals to get her trotting well, LY to the corner, then canter depart in the corner. I wanted to work in lines with her being out of shape, so using the LY was a very easy way to set her up, and even if she had an exuberant depart, she still had to keep it together enough to get through both corners before the long side. I split up canter work with LY and SI/SF at the walk, and forward trotting working on that inside leg to outside rein, which she is doing such a better job with. I picked up a thinline pad for cheap a little while ago, and really think it helps me reduce the tension in my back to help her work over her back better. I was very pleased, as was she :)

I should be able to work her through the fall very consistently again, 4-5 days per week. I'm still debating on what my plan is for the winter, because I truly hate starting over in the spring, but also hate to spend money on lessons when I cannot put in the work the other days of the week with winter weather and limited riding areas. Le sigh... hopefully we get a nice long fall season (y) IMG_20180907_174423_277.jpg IMG_20180907_174423_276.jpg

Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
  9. Alsosusieq2

Beautiful lady as always-!!

10. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

Off to download the ap....love love the plum