DLB Progress Thread ~ Dressage

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by DocsLglyBlonde, Dec 25, 2016.

1. DocsLglyBlonde

DocsLglyBlonde Senior Member

I just snapped this today to show her level of fuzzy... she has enough to be curly coated sweaty after our ride today, but it is much warmer today than it will be on Sunday :) I think I'll just leave her, I just really wish she were less fuzzy :sick:

Attached Files:

NaeNae and Alsosusieq2 like this.
  2. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

She is such a beauty, *wolf whistle
    :love:

DocsLglyBlonde likes this.
  3. DocsLglyBlonde

I just ended up asking trainer who said fuzzy and black shirt is fine :D

4. Rhythm 'n Blues

Rhythm 'n Blues Senior Member

Trainer is right. She isn't likely to be the only fuzzy one there & even if she was, no clinician will fault you for it - 'tis the season after all!

Black shirt is fine. Tucked in allows one to see a bit more what your body may be doing, so I'd go for tucked in & a nice belt.

Have fun!

5. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

Every thing sounds fine, there are no set ‘rules’ for a clinic, just be clean, neat and tidy, show you have made an effort. Tucked in shirt looks best, so go for it.....everyone feels the same on this one, believe me.

Most important thing, enjoy, listen, and get the most out of it..

Alsosusieq2 and DocsLglyBlonde like this.
  6. DocsLglyBlonde

Yay!!! We officially have a clinic under our belts... belt and girth!

It was a positive, albeit humbling, experience. We really worked on getting her round the entire time, and getting her inside hind leg active and make sure I could influence it. We did a circle of canter one way and that was it, because he had so much to help me with at the trot :oops: Then he said he really wished we had two days to keep chipping away at it with her... so lots to work on :whistle:

He had us do squares with 1/4 turn on the forehand in each corner, first halting, turning, halting then progressing to almost halting, turning, and marching on. Then he had us do a 6m walk circle around him and try to pinwheel around him, which was hard but she did well. She didn't want to combine the bend and yielding behind, which is why we did it! We'd go off of the circle and trot out into a 20m circle, using the same aids to get her bending on the circle and yielding behind. I told him she just turned 18, and he asked how long I've had her and I said 13 years... so when he told her that she is 13 and can learn to go round and on the bit, I didn't correct him about her age :rofl:

Here she is in her PJs upon arrival. If she was going to be fuzzy, she was going to also be immaculately clean.
    20180513_083634.jpg
    In her PJs again, in the barn... She got some stares by other horse between the blondeness, the PJs, and the glaringly blue Dry Rug :rofl:
    20180513_084846.jpg
    Getting my headpiece all set up, which was really nice to have since I have awful hearing. And Jess looked cute :love:
    IMG_1280 (3).JPG
    Bill showing her what she is supposed to do with contact...
    IMG_1284 (2).JPG
    Starting to get it...
    IMG_1288 (2).JPG Bill willing me to use more inside leg and me laughing because I'm trying...
    IMG_1290 (2).JPG
    Her butt is so pretty...
    IMG_1291 (2).JPG
    That's it mare!
    IMG_1295 (2).JPG
    Oops... not quite... I think I'm laughing because when I said she does tend to be stiff, he responded by saying he bets if there was a fly biting her shoulder right now she could probably turn and get it :rofl:
    IMG_1296 (2).JPG
    ERMAHGAWD you're so pretty when you get it!!! :rofl: This is my favorite of the day :loveflag:
    IMG_1297 (2).JPG

I really was fun, and we have a lot to work on, but many more tools now to do so! The important thing was she was a very good girl, a very pretty girl, I decided I do not like me in photos with a tucked in shirt, I discovered I gain 30 pounds as soon as I sit in the saddle, and MOST of all, we had fun :rolleyes::D

NaeNae, Larkspade, ginster and 6 others like this.
  7. DocsLglyBlonde

20180513_104743.jpg
    And lastly, all done and cozy, and feeling like a proud mare for a job well done!

NaeNae, ginster, Alsosusieq2 and 3 others like this.
  8. DocsLglyBlonde

Just a couple more I really liked and forgot to add!

This was doing the pinwheel exercise, trying hard to sort it out... but she purty.
    IMG_1300 (2).JPG And lastly, when she was all done and was like, oh you want me to do this? I can do this now. :rofl:
    IMG_1331 (2).JPG

NaeNae, Larkspade, ginster and 4 others like this.
  9. mkoktavy

mkoktavy Senior Member

Looks like you guys had a great time! You both are looking great, can't wait to see the progress!

10. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Glad you had fun and honestly, it looks like she did too. What a stunner, you're not prejudiced.. she's the prettiest palomino I've seen in ages. :heartbeat:

Congratulations-!!