Desperate need of winter water proof paddock boots size 7

Discussion in 'Horse Classifieds' started by Lisa Erickson, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Lisa Erickson

Lisa Erickson Registered

Hi all
    Ism flat broke just started a new barn job and. It’s so wet and cold I need water proof paddock boots. I have no money until pay day
    Size 7 I can trade a Kerrits size L vest new without tags for them

2. ChestersMomma

ChestersMomma Senior Moderator Staff Member

I can't help with the paddock boots but I can tell you that, back in the day, we would put the orange plastic bags that newspapers come in over our socks when we went sledding. Invariably snow would go in our boots causing wet socks/cold feet, but this way our socks stayed dry. Might get you by until pay day if you can't afford a pair of 20$ muck boots.

3. Lisa Erickson

Lisa Erickson Registered

Omg not helpful I did that on Monday and have $5 to my name until I get paid

4. bobo and horses

bobo and horses Senior Member

Well, any deal you make won’t get you boots before Monday, most likely. We did the plastic bag thing as kids, too, but with bread bags. Better than nothing. Good luck

ChestersMomma likes this.
  5. Faster Horses

Faster Horses Senior Member

I'd buy (after Monday, of course) a pair of rubber knee boots from TSC for $15. They will be loads cheaper than waterproof paddock boots.

I have nothing in size 7, but best wishes on the new job. :)

ChestersMomma likes this.
  6. Lisa Erickson

Lisa Erickson Registered

Omg I swear people don’t read I just started a new job this past Monday. And it’s poring rain now so no I can’t wait until Monday because I don’t get paid for 3 weeks And I am not looking for advice
    Eaither trade or someone who is giving them away

7. bobo and horses

Take a deep breath, so I misunderstood your post. I apologize, jeepers. I hope you can get some boots, or borrow some temporarily at least.

8. bobo and horses

Ask nicely for an advance, explaining your problem, maybe they would advance you a few bucks. To keep a good worker, they may do it. I know about being flat broke, so can understand your deliema.

Larkspade likes this.
  9. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

Even if someone had a pair, you won't likely get them through the mail before monday. Just do a couple layers of plastic bags to keep your feet dry. Or borrow money from a friend.

My local TJ Maxx has Morel rubber boots for 39 bucks. Half price. They are MUCH, MUCH better than those crappy TSC boots: thick rubber soles with deep treads and the shafts have a nice thick neoprene lining so they are more confy than just rubber, or TSC plastic junk. Besides, if your feet aren't narrow, the TSC boots pinch.

OldGreyMare and ChestersMomma like this.
  10. Faster Horses

Faster Horses Senior Member

Really, you didn't think this kind of boot held up? I wear them for milking cows and feeding calves for a year at a time.

ServusComfort Technology Rubber Knee Rain Boot at Tractor Supply Co.