1. JOIN the world's largest horse forum! Chat and learn from other experts about horse training, breeding, health, showing, riding, contests and use our free horse classifieds. Register Here

Daughter darling must have done something right

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by Chester, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Chester

Chester Senior Member

Karma loves her obviously.

Since moving into town she has been trying to find somewhere for the boys. Poor things have had hardly any riding at all for months.

She had been eyeing off some lovely paddocks just behind her work. Didn't think she would get in there though.

Last week she approached the owner. He said yes and to come back this week as he was going away for the weekend.

So she went back this afternoon. She now has 3 large improved pasture paddocks big enough for 2 horses each. No expensive hay needed. Not even cheap hay. She asked about leaving the float there so she could store feed or such in it. Why? There is a perfectly good shed there with locking roller door to store your stuff in. And that 3 sided lean too will make a great stable. He is putting in an extra gate just for her to enter and leave if she doesn't want to go past his house. Checked all the fences and will fix any that need any repair.

They must have chatted about her riding and abilities. He has a graded show jumper that needs bringing back into work so he can sell it. For her efforts he will give her half the profit. Then there is the warmblood filly that is being broken and will need riding.

All at the expensive price of $0 per week. Nothing.

She must have been good for karma to pay her back in this way.

2. all4him

all4him Senior Member

That is incredible!! Congrats to your daughter!

Chester likes this.
  3. Chester

Chester Senior Member

Thank you. We are both gobsmaked with the generosity of free paddock let alone the extras. She was offering money but he has said no. Maybe he is just a kind hearted person who misses seeing the paddocks being used and someone riding. The horses were bought for a grandchild who has decided not to ride. He seems to be a bit of an old horseman himself.

It will be wonderful for her to be able to get back into riding daily. Restart her business even of training/instructing. Buy a few cheap horses to work and sell on.

4. Dona Worry

Dona Worry Senior Member

Sounds like a nice win win situation. He doesn't have to find someone to ride his two, gets to see horses in his fields, maybe gets to have someone to chat horse with sometimes.
    Good for your daughter!

paval likes this.
  5. BluemoonOKy

BluemoonOKy Senior Member

Yay for Chick. she is one that I would LOVE to see more videos of riding. she is an awesome rider. so....get on that @Chester lol. will Mr Senny be going dressed in his bubble wrap ? HA!

6. Chester

Chester Senior Member

Poo to you. :p

I will have to travel an hour and half to get vids. I will miss having the ponies at home. Be a bit lost without them.

Don't jinx Senny. He has gone injury free here for months. Just wait till he finds out work will be back on his menu. Someone needs to tell him that breaking a leg will not be a good idea.

kodemiester and Jim_in_PA like this.
  7. bobo and horses

bobo and horses Senior Member

Mother darling must have done something right, also. We have an old saying, and I hope you get it and don't be insulted, but Chick could fall into a manure pile and come up smelling like a rose. It's meant in a good way.
    Proud you should be.

Chester and Varisha like this.
  8. Chester

Chester Senior Member

I did manage to raise a delightful daughter. :D I got lucky.

9. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

I read this earlier - luck and good genes and upbringing-!!

Chester likes this.
  10. VermilionStrife

VermilionStrife Senior Member

That's awesome! :) How wonderful that her guys will be close to her work so she can keep a good eye on them. I wish I had the same opportunity! Congrats to her!

Chester likes this.