Dangerous Studs and Improper Fences #2

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by QuarterHorseMomma, Dec 18, 2016.

1. QuarterHorseMomma

QuarterHorseMomma Full Member

I didn't know that thank you so I could have them start administering them Monday morning correct? And there are 3-5 shots correct?

2. Lopinslow

Lopinslow Senior Member

I've never had to use it for that purpose, so I would check with your vet on dates and dosing instructions.

3. QuarterHorseMomma

QuarterHorseMomma Full Member

I juse sent them a email thank you :)

4. equineeventer33

equineeventer33 Senior Member

Thanks for posting the laws! I am also in South Carolina and have been plagued by a neighbor who can't keep his horses in. Luckily no stallion, but still very annoying. Another neighbor and I call the police on him every time but they never care much about animal at large. I think he got a fine once, that's about it. The police didn't even care when I told them I saw the horse in the middle of the road one day.

QuarterHorseMomma likes this.
  5. Dona Worry

Dona Worry Senior Member

Wouldn't it be cheaper to just build a fence horses can't get through?
    If her studs can get in, your mares can certainly get out.
    I would build a new fence on the property line before going to court and hiring lawyers.

D_BaldStockings likes this.
  6. equineeventer33

equineeventer33 Senior Member

I believe the OP said she already put up another fence but stallions are a different story. Some will do anything to get to mares. Happy horses aren't often going to attempt to break out of their pasture or jump out. My barn has a single fence line of 3 board fencing and we have never once had horses get out. No need to build another fence around the entire property if the OP's horses are not the ones escaping. It is the owner of the stallion's responsibility to keep the stallion under control. The OP should not have to spend the time or money to put up another fence to keep someone else's horse out.

CheyAut, JStorry, hamerface and 6 others like this.
  7. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Weird, I must have had a post not post for lack of a better word. Nope not sure but will defer to the post faeries.[/QUOTE]

8. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

amen to that.

An aggressive wiley stud is going to get through that fence unless it's massive.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
  9. Kristal H

Kristal H Senior Member

As someone that has been in a similar situation, except with a dog, I can tell you that taking this to civil court may cost you far more in attorney fees than what you may be able to collect and may also escalate the situation. It may result in a counter suit and It may result in having to defend yourself against false return allegations.

Put up no-trespassing signs. Set up a small sturdy pen that you can entice these horses in and confine them in the next time they are on your property. Refuse to turn them directly over to the owner and call animal control and have them come pick up the horses.

10. equinitis

equinitis Senior Member

What a mess. I hope you get this straightened out. Maybe when your neighbor figures out you are not going to just put up with this, she will decide her horses are too expensive and get rid of them. Doesn't sound like she is doing anything with them anyway.

Good luck!