Dangerous Studs and Improper Fences #2

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by QuarterHorseMomma, Dec 18, 2016.

1. bellalou

bellalou Senior Member

And reading all this, I have to laugh at myself and anyone else who finds it fascinating because law is so much about niggly little points of semantics and definition. My husband's eyes glaze over every time I talk about any of it. :rofl:

Good luck, OP! Many lawyers do offer free consults. ;)

2. BluemoonOKy

BluemoonOKy Senior Member

So, now you have to go back and say I was not wrong...or I was right, even though I am only a yoga instructor. Lol. But, yes, she should pursue it. And find out the the law in her state.
    But, I'd bring criminal charges to start like I said in my first post, if applicable. At least they would be in system and be fined and get the point that I am not playing games.

3. QuarterHorseMomma

QuarterHorseMomma Full Member

Yes I'm going to court I'm headed there as soon as i hear from my lawyer to file for trespassing, damage to personal property totaling 800.00 (and some change) and also for the vet bills I now have to pay. Lucky me.

I am waiting on a call from my lawyer to see how I have to do the shots if she is indeed pregnant.... not sure if I'll have to take her to court again or if I find out she is do I just take the paperwork from the vet with me to court. (I imagine court will be sometime in January and by then if she's pregnant I'll have already had the foal aborted)

bellalou and Varisha like this.
  4. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

Why would you wait on your lawyer about shots?

You don't wait but 8 days then give the shot. If you mean you want to lute the mare. You should have done that by now.

D_BaldStockings and meljean like this.
  5. QuarterHorseMomma

I talked to animal control and the lady there knew exactly who I was talking about. She said that the woman thinks she's above the law and she would personally come to court and testify that the fences are inadequate and the lady has been warned several times

6. QuarterHorseMomma

It happened yesterday. I didn't find out until last night the vet will be out Monday morning. If she's pregnant shots will be started however the shots will not be included in the charges I file today. I'm waiting to ask him if I'd need to file again if she has to have shots or if I could just take the invoice to court and it be added. I'm not a lawyer and unaware on how things like that work. As of now the only vet charges I'm filing is the cost of the vet coming out and preforming a palpation.

7. CheyAut

CheyAut Senior Member

If it happened yesterday, there's no way for the vet to tell by Monday. Takes a couple weeks at least. Best to have the vet lute the mare to be safe.

meljean, manesntails and Dakota328 like this.
  8. QuarterHorseMomma

But no I am not waiting on shots the moment I find out if she's pregnant or not is when the shots will be started if needed.

9. QuarterHorseMomma

It takes 16-21 days to find out so I'm guessing I'll go ahead and include the shots and have them administered starting Monday. Not sure what I was thinking. I'd rather be safe than sorry. So I guess I don't need to wait on the call from him. Just need to call my vets office and have them fax over a new invoice including the shots.

Varisha likes this.
  10. Lopinslow

Lopinslow Senior Member

Lutalyse is given WAY before a vet could check for pregnancy. If I recall, it might be 5 days after the accidental breeding.