Dakota saddles?

Discussion in 'Tack & Equipment' started by foureyed_dragon, Dec 11, 2012.

1. foureyed_dragon

foureyed_dragon Senior Member

I was reading reviews on the Circle G saddles and most of them seemed glowing. The one I am looking at is a roughout saddle. I would like a roughout or a saddle that could be used for everyday but clean up for shows too.

2. tlwidener

tlwidener Senior Member

I use my Billy Royal roughout trainer everyday and at shows (for the time being.) Hasn't hurt us yet :)

I got mine used off Craigslist a couple years ago. I think I paid $750 or $850 for it. I can't remember anymore, but it was worth it. I took it to a saddle shop and had it cleaned up and oiled and haven't done a thing to it since.

1 person likes this.
  3. Hibiscus

Hibiscus Senior Member

I know that a lot of the WP people around here us the Billy Royals to train in and love them.

4. foureyed_dragon

foureyed_dragon Senior Member

I use to have a Billy Royal. LOVED that saddle. I sold it to buy my horse trailer though. :( I am in the $500 price range, and while I have been combing all the sites for a Billy Royal, I haven't found any in that price range.

5. draftlover

draftlover Senior Member+

If it were me, I'd wait and not buy either, the Dakota or the Circle G, and get a better quality used saddle.

6. tlwidener

tlwidener Senior Member

Keep your eye out for an RS or Rocking R. Sometimes they're close to the $500 range.