1. JOIN the world's largest horse forum! Chat and learn from other experts about horse training, breeding, health, showing, riding, contests and use our free horse classifieds. Register Here

Dakota saddles?

Discussion in 'Tack & Equipment' started by foureyed_dragon, Dec 11, 2012.

1. foureyed_dragon

foureyed_dragon Senior Member

I was reading reviews on the Circle G saddles and most of them seemed glowing. The one I am looking at is a roughout saddle. I would like a roughout or a saddle that could be used for everyday but clean up for shows too.

2. tlwidener

tlwidener Senior Member

I use my Billy Royal roughout trainer everyday and at shows (for the time being.) Hasn't hurt us yet :)

I got mine used off Craigslist a couple years ago. I think I paid $750 or $850 for it. I can't remember anymore, but it was worth it. I took it to a saddle shop and had it cleaned up and oiled and haven't done a thing to it since.

1 person likes this.
  3. Hibiscus

Hibiscus Senior Member

I know that a lot of the WP people around here us the Billy Royals to train in and love them.

4. foureyed_dragon

foureyed_dragon Senior Member

I use to have a Billy Royal. LOVED that saddle. I sold it to buy my horse trailer though. :( I am in the $500 price range, and while I have been combing all the sites for a Billy Royal, I haven't found any in that price range.

5. draftlover

draftlover Senior Member+

If it were me, I'd wait and not buy either, the Dakota or the Circle G, and get a better quality used saddle.

6. tlwidener

tlwidener Senior Member

Keep your eye out for an RS or Rocking R. Sometimes they're close to the $500 range.