1. JOIN the world's largest horse forum! Chat and learn from other experts about horse training, breeding, health, showing, riding, contests and use our free horse classifieds. Register Here

Dakota Endurance Saddles?

Discussion in 'Tack & Equipment' started by Kiesha, Jan 11, 2017 at 9:31 PM.

1. Kiesha

Kiesha Full Member

I'm in the market for a nice endurance saddle, and I came across this one... I'm not familiar with the brand, though. Has anyone heard of them and are they good saddles?
    http://prntscr.com/dujzl2

Also, what's everyone's favorite brand/style of saddle?

2. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

It weighs thirty pounds, that's pretty heavy for an endurance saddle. And it has a fiberglass tree which is light but they tend to crack over time. I think, for the price, you could get a better quality used endurance saddle.

My favorite saddle I finally found at Stagecoach West is an amish made saddle.
    I'd suggest this one for endurance. Bar J Sun River Trail Saddle - Trail Saddles - Saddles - Western

[​IMG]

23 lbs and made from Wickett and Craig leather. My saddle is very similar but has a horn. They are excellent to work with. You can email him pictures of your horse's back, he'll tell you how to take the pictures, and give him measurements, and he'll pick you out a tree size that will fit your horse.

3. Kiesha

Kiesha Full Member

Thank you, manesntails!! I'm quite new to endurance saddles, haha.