Daily 72

Discussion in 'Horse Health' started by prberry88, Mar 16, 2008.

1. prberry88

prberry88 Senior Member

2. JBandRio

JBandRio Senior Member+

It's a mineral supplement, therefore no vitamins.

It has small amounts of some necessary minerals, like copper at .04ppm, and at the 1oz serving you feed it, this means minute amounts of the mineral.

So, for the $.42/day, there are FAR better products out there that give you more.

3. prberry88

prberry88 Senior Member

Ok, thanks, I didn't realize that, lol

Can you, or anyone else, recomend a good vit/min supplement? This girl has 2 easy keepers that are very lacking in nutrition. They get a "handful" of locally milled cheap sweetfeed and about 10-12lbs of hay a day(no where near enough, these horses weight 1150-1200). During summer they are on 10 acres of lush pasture and 2 flakes of hay (the flakes weigh about 2 lbs). She doesn't exercise them very much, so they get very fat. She lets them get really fat all summer and then she underfeeds them in the winter(i don't know if she knows that she is underfeeding them) so that they use up their fat in the winter.
    She is the type of person that can not take advice and will let her horses suffer just to be spiteful, so I have to be very careful about the way I put ideas into her brain, lol.
    I made the mistake of recomending a ration balancer and it turned into a big fight. So I'm pretty sure that she won't switch to a ration balancer. I was able to throw in the idea of a vit/min supplement though and so now she is running with that like it was her idea and telling me that I need to put my horses on it and how lacking in nutrition my horses are.:rolleyes: I am only staying friends with her so that I can try to help her horses.
    But anyway, she might start feeding beet pulp as a base along with a vit/min supplement.

Sorry for the long post, lol

4. Horse_Girl9804

Horse_Girl9804 Senior Member

Umm, I looking into SmartVite Performance Grass. It's supposed to be really good. Its only $1.77 a day for two horses.. I'm going to try that out.

5. PeggySue

PeggySue Senior Member+

a Ration balancer is a vitamin/mineral supplement designed to go with the forage type and with added amino acids!!