Crosby Prix des Nations 97

Discussion in 'Tack & Equipment' started by HunterEq95, Jul 12, 2017.

1. HunterEq95

HunterEq95 Full Member

This is just out of curiosity, but I'm guessing that "97" depicts the year it was made? I know Crosby's 1996 saddles had the Olympic rings on them, but I'm unsure of what makes a "97" any different than a regular PDN and have always assumed it was just the year it was made. Does anyone know about this? Thanks!

2. Tack Collector

Tack Collector Senior Member

Was '97 around the time that they started making what became the "California Prix?" I don't recall, but that timeframe seems about right. The seat was wider and deeper, the twist less narrow, and the tree a bit wider. The channel (between the panels) might have been a bit wider at the cantle end than most '80s ccs were. Does your Prix look like a California Prix?

HunterEq95 likes this.
  3. HunterEq95

HunterEq95 Full Member

I'm sorry I took so long to reply, I haven't visited here in awhile! This one is a Sovereign, but I've seen the "97" mark on the California Prix, the regular Prix, and now this Sovereign Prix. This one has a very soft padded seat that is much wider than that of my ~35+ year-old Prix des Nations. It seems like 20 years old would be consistent with this saddle. I have a few pictures:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Tack Collector likes this.