Critique Penny! 6yo AQHA Mare

Discussion in 'Critique My Horse' started by QHriderKE, Aug 8, 2018.

1. QHriderKE

QHriderKE Senior Member

I have more pictures on my iPad and will upload them when I can but for now I hope these will do...

005F5668-955A-4ECF-98DD-D6488377ABC2.jpg

A66FB44A-D0FA-466C-9D33-A30F10Bhf4CC05.jpg

2. ginster

ginster Senior Member

:loveflag::loveflag::loveflag:
    She looks slightly back at tge knee and maybe her neck could be a tad longer?
    But she looks very balanced all around to my untrained eye.

Alsosusieq2 and Alyssa Hughes like this.
  3. Alyssa Hughes

Alyssa Hughes Senior Member+

I am no expert, but her neck looks a little short and her shoulder is a bit flat. Maybe a little butt high? Correct me if I am wrong! Does she have a eye problem? Her right eye looks slightly swollen and closed? Or is she blinking?

4. Circle C

Circle C Senior Member

Try to stand her square next time... angles look different in different stances.

5. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

I've got nothing bad to say save for she's a little back at the knee. I love her-!!

Circle C likes this.
  6. QHriderKE

QHriderKE Senior Member

She was just blinking lol

I have more pictures I just need the time to upload them!

Alsosusieq2 and Alyssa Hughes like this.
  7. Bakkir

Bakkir Senior Member

She is over weight and needs a ferrier asap. I think she is starting to get a cresty neck.

She looks to me like she stands/moves heavy in front. Possible soreness there in her front feet.

Does she have allergies? Both eyes look puffy.

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  8. QHriderKE

QHriderKE Senior Member

I'll get around to uploading other pictures. Her eyes aren't puffy, she was blinking.
    I also disagree with the fat and cresty neck. She is a little over weight right now but not cresty... It's likely an illusion with the lighting and her short little neck. My horses are only out on grass for a few hours in the mornings and have slow feed nets the rest of the day.

Also I'm not sure why she needs a farrier ASAP? She's got a rock chip in a quarter that I'm letting grow out and that's the only thing I see?

She can long trot for 3 miles in rolling hills and not break a sweat.... she's more fit than she leads on to be!

I'll work on uploading more pictures.

Alyssa Hughes likes this.
  9. Bakkir

Bakkir Senior Member

She is a big bodied horse on tiny feet. The backs almost have no heal. And yes she has a few chips. I would talking to my ferrier about it. She may need shoes so she can grow more hoof.

When I say she is over weight, it's not just her big belly. I can see fat deposits along her neck in the first picture.

The first picture might just be a bad one. The second doesnt show her angles squarely.

10. Arem

Arem Senior Member

No, she most certainly does not need to grow more foot. Feet chip because they’re too long, not because they need to grow more.

Those pictures aren’t adequate to judge feet in the first place. If anything, the illusion of “no heel” is usually caused by there being too much heel that’s run under. “No heel” is long, run forward heels.