Critique 3 yo AQHA gelding

Discussion in 'Critique My Horse' started by Lee Ann, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Lee Ann

Lee Ann Full Member

2016 gelding by Willy Be Invited. Confo and movement critique please.
    5304B3DA-B7D1-4628-8696-33D75FD461C8.jpeg

2. Dream27

Dream27 Senior Member

I'm confused...are you looking for English or Western? The All About Blue filly is definitely all HUS...this one is definitely more western.

3. Lee Ann

Lee Ann Full Member

I’m looking for big and all around

4. Dream27

Dream27 Senior Member

I think this guy would struggle at AQHA shows in the HUS, but probably be able to handle hunt seat eq. Should be pretty decent at HMS, SMS, WP, trail, maybe western riding. Keep in mind tho that I'm an Appaloosa person, and while I show at regionals and worlds, our shows are not as competitive as AQHA, so I could be wrong in how I would evaluate this horse.

Lee Ann likes this.
  5. Lopinslow

Lopinslow Senior Member

my show mare (in my profile photo) is booked to Willy Be Invited for this spring.

Cute enough mover, but what level are you wanting to show at AQHA?

hard to say if this one will excel in the hunt seat or western with as green as he is, but by this video, i'm guessing he will be able to do both, depending on what level of AQHA

6. RusticR

RusticR Senior Member+

I’ve known multiple Willy B Invited babies and even if they were 15.3/16 hands they were able to do VERY well in the HUS at aqha shows.

This guy will make a nice all arounder. The thing with all arounders is that unless you have an unlimited budget you aren’t going to get a world caliber WP horse as well as world caliber HUS.

I’ve known a couple all about blue babies. They were quirky and very talented in the HUS but none of them would’ve made good western horses. They weren’t out of thoroughbred dams either. The sky’s blue boy breeding has a big trot, loftier gaits and bigger motor than what you’d want as an all arounder (in most cases)

I like this gelding. He’s got nice overall conformation and though green he’s a cute mover. Personally I think he’s kind of plain but I don’t like solid bays and I also don’t buy on color. Lol

Dream27 likes this.
  7. palogal

palogal Senior Member

This one is tied in much lower at the neck. I like the other one better. But I'm an English person. I don't know much about WP types. @GotaDunQH would be able to tell you more, or @Lopinslow

8. RusticR

RusticR Senior Member+

That HUS filly is by FAR the stronger English type. She’s got lovely cadence and slow legged lofty gaits. But depending on what the poster wants to do I don’t think that filly will gear back for western.

This gelding I think will do both. Especially at the rookie and novice levels.

Dream27 likes this.
  9. Lee Ann

Lee Ann Full Member

Just curious, why couldn’t she do western?

10. Lopinslow

Lopinslow Senior Member

impo, she could DO it.. but is likely going to be way too big strided to do well