Critique 3 yo AQHA gelding #2

Discussion in 'Critique My Horse' started by Lee Ann, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Lee Ann

Lee Ann Full Member

I am wanting an all around horse with a focus on HUS
    D27069EB-FD5D-45F2-9124-417B72BF06B0.jpeg

2. RusticR

RusticR Senior Member+

He’s very “upright” in his movement. He does not settle down and stride out. Not my cup of tea if I was looking for a good HUS horse. He doesn’t have that slow legged soft reaching stride that the All about blue filly has.

Plus I’ve heard nothing but bad news about his bloodlines. I know the two trainers I’ve trained with both hate Diesel only horses. Supposedly he’s as bad minded as his sire. I’ve known horses by Gucci only and wasn’t a fan. They did not have a go slow pleasure mind set.

kodemiester likes this.
  3. Lopinslow

Lopinslow Senior Member

Do you have a trainer lined up? They will be able to help you find a suitable prospext

kodemiester and GotaDunQH like this.
  4. LoveTrail

LoveTrail Senior Member

I have one friend with a Diesel Only horse. She seems sweet on the ground and pretty talented in the western events, but is a terror in her stall. So has to be out as much as possible and fed hay 24/7. Not sure how long she will last given her stall manners and does get worked hard at home and at the shows to tire her out.

5. Lopinslow

Lopinslow Senior Member

I sent leeann the information on this mare. 2011 by The Krymsun Kruzer out of a last detail mare. Personal opinion, I think she is a steal at 5500

GotaDunQH and Alsosusieq2 like this.
  6. RusticR

RusticR Senior Member+

The diesel and Gucci only horses I have known needed major tiring out. My friend had a very talented Gucci only HUS. The only way for him to show successfully was the trainer took him on a 10 mile “trail ride” before they left. He did the whole trail at a dead run. The diesel wasn’t as bad but just super quirky if he wasn’t TIRED.

LoveTrail likes this.
  7. Lee Ann

Lee Ann Full Member

More opinions on the above mare please

8. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

HUS is not my arena, I like both, but I used to ride cross country and dressage, so I haven't a good wheelhouse on this class.

Probably the mare for what you want, she's pretty doggone nice and would take you there and give you change back when you were ready to move up. It's a business at all levels, particularly when you're hitting these figures. You can turn and burn her in two years if you want to move up and make a profit. That's how I look at it.

9. LoveTrail

LoveTrail Senior Member

She's a nice one that LopinSlow posted. Definitely a good price.

GotaDunQH likes this.
  10. kodemiester

kodemiester Senior Member

The mare Lopin posted is a really nice horse for the price she is at. I would definetly consider her. Shes my favorite of the ones that have been posted.

GotaDunQH likes this.