Cringe-worthy/eye-covering-causing/gasp of horror equitation pics

Discussion in 'Forum Contests' started by BuddyBoyOTTB, Dec 9, 2014.

1. Winchester

Winchester Senior Member

Oh I've got tons of these... LOWER LEG I HAVE NO LOWER LEG.

I'll have to find my show ones from 2 years ago, my facial expressions over fences is priceless

Attached Files:

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  2. VermilionStrife

VermilionStrife Senior Member

Hahahaha I'm not sure if I have any of my crowning moments, but one of the ones that I know I don't have pics of that springs to mind is a lesson from last year with my previous trainer. He had me leg yielding across the arena and my horse decided he'd had enough and went forward, ignoring my leg, so I poked him pretty good with the spur. o_O He moved over, kicked out with both legs, farted and then kept going, lol. I ended up on his neck, stayed on, got him stopped and my trainer is just rolling, laughing at me hahaha. I had to laugh too. If he had wanted to be a brat about it he could have dumped me in the dirt because I was so focused on the leg yield I wasn't expecting any rebellion!

Another time was with my NSH who had a GREAT stop. If he heard someone say whoa he would plant and slide (yes, I had him slide about 12 inches once....). I was at a lesson with my Arab trainer and when he wanted you to stop so he could point something out or explain something, he would just say whoa. Well my horse heard him and stopped from a canter and I landed on his neck, hands up by his ears. Lol Wasn't ready for that one. My mom AND my trainer laughed at that one. :blushing:

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  3. rhinebeck

rhinebeck Senior Member

I dont even remember which photo as it doesnt show up anymore - was it this one?! most likely LOL

nemobad.jpg

Nope utterly confused as to how she cleared it afterwards, because she jumped with the front and decided to refuse, and then casually stepped over behind as I was laughing with the crowd!

4. VermilionStrife

That is probably one of my favorite oopsies lol like she wanted to refuse, but was a little bit delayed in her reaction and then thinking well shoot! Lol

Alsosusieq2, Varisha and rhinebeck like this.
  5. rhinebeck

rhinebeck Senior Member

IIRC we lost forward momentum on the last stride.. So I am not exactly sure how in the world it was managed! But in all honesty, it was a schooling show and more for her exposure. I just kinda went with it and that was it? Left it at "all four feet are on the ground and shes not rearing!"

6. VermilionStrife

Lol hey that's a good way to look at it. When I had my TB it was "Hey, he only tried to buck the first five minutes of warm up instead of in the first class."

Alsosusieq2 and rhinebeck like this.
  7. rhinebeck

rhinebeck Senior Member

I'm extremely glad that issue is resolved in general, it's one of the reasons I got her for free

Alsosusieq2 and VermilionStrife like this.
  8. bellalou

bellalou Senior Member

And exposure she got! That's just priceless. I hope you have it framed.

Alsosusieq2, Varisha and rhinebeck like this.
  9. firegurl979

firegurl979 Senior Member

ahahaha love this thread! off to look- im sure i can find some :p

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  10. rhinebeck

rhinebeck Senior Member

:rofl: she walks over logs the same height, scares the carp out of me! It was the fun class at the end of the day (a jump off type class where the bar kept getting raised) she jumped the one before and after without issue but for some reason this one she had to be a comedian :rolleyes:

She didn't knock it down (if she did we would've been out) :LOL: I guess talent?

mooselady, Varisha and Alsosusieq2 like this.