Credit Canada Reviews?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by IslandPony89, Jan 11, 2019.

1. IslandPony89

IslandPony89 Senior Member

Whats everyone's thoughts on them?

2. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

Put up a link. I have no idea what you are talking about. :LOL:

3. bobo and horses

bobo and horses Senior Member

Credit repair business. Most likely a useless waste of money. It costs a fee every month, and they supposedly deal with your creditors. Most reviews of this sort of business say that it is not a very good idea.

manesntails and IslandPony89 like this.
  4. IslandPony89

Credit Canada | Non-Profit Debt Consolidation & Credit Counselling

Basically what bobo said.

Was having an anxiety attack last night. A red flag came up for me

Basically the bank turned down my first proposal as i didnt include an overdraft we sent a second proposal including that. I called thursday to see if they had accepted and they hadnt.

But was told i should still send the first payment by the 15th incase the bank does accept right on the 15th

But they werent really able to say if the bank refuses what happens to the 300ish dollars i send them. Do i get it back? Do i just pay their fee deducted from that amount.

Hubby says to send them the money regradless but im in the boat that we dont have that kinda money to fling about right now.

A big part of me wants to back out

bobo and horses likes this.
  5. bobo and horses

You can get free credit counseling, google or ask a credit bureau. Just because something says it is a not for profit does not mean you will get free help. I know it’s hard, but keep trying to deal with your creditors yourself. If they are hounding you over the phone, send them a letter asking them to stop.

You can do that here, but I’m not all together sure what rights a person has in Canada.

Try to reason with the creditors, they will realize something is better than nothing. Keep trying, and I’m rooting for you. Be polite, and keep plugging away. Ask to speak to someone that is in charge, they would be able to make decisions quicker.

Above all, if you make a deal, do everything in your power to keep up your end, because they probably wouldn’t deal again.

manesntails likes this.
  6. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

No, no, handle that yourself. Just call them. This is all the credit repair people do. Even the IRS will work with you if you just call and talk to them. They want you to pay something and even if it's a small portion of the total you owe, they will reduce your debt to save THEM the cost of hiring debt collectors. They get very little back after paying the debt collector.

IslandPony89 and bobo and horses like this.
  7. IslandPony89

Ive tried working with the debt collector on this debt.

In december i paid off two other debts with different collector both in full and received paper work stating that im no longer liable for it.

This debt collector when i offered monthly payments of 250 and then i will increase it when funds become available, he flat out refused my offer and instead wanted me to take out a pay day loan and he would reduce the amount. I refused as i explained that's just keeping the debt cycle going when i want out of debt.

After that he threatened legal action, courts etc

So i called CC and they advised me on what to tell the debt collector and for him to stop threatening.

When i tried to inform him over the phone of that he became irate and i literally could not get a word in so i just hung up on him. He calls to the point my voicemail is full.

Apparently hes called the CC people and has been aggressive with them as well.

From my understanding talking to the bank. The debt has been sitting to long and racked up late fees they dont want to deal with me personally about making small payments.

If this CC doesnt work out my last port of call is gonna be bankruptcy. Which seems petty over 10 thousand dollars but im pretty much at my limit.

8. bobo and horses

They cannot, the debt collectors, threaten, or harass you, but you must put it in writing, at least in the States. Do it. Today. Write a letter telling him to stop. Over the phone does no good.Here there are laws on how many times a day they can call you,and during what hours.

I know this because one of my kids get himself into this pickle, too. Over student loans! We helped as much as we could, but at the time, we were in a recession and our business was in trouble, too. Tell them to stop. See a lawyer, sometimes at law schools, advanced students can give advice, under the direction of professors, kinda like practice. A lot of times, you can see a licensed lawyer for free or a greatly reduced fee, at least the first time.

You need someone to advise you who has no dog in this fight. Do it, I strongly suggest it.

Okay, now I’ll leave you alone, no more bugging you. Good luck, hope you can get resolution to this, it is scary.

9. Bakkir

Bakkir Senior Member

Report him. Creditors are not allowed to harass, nor threaten you. And it is illegal to call more than 3 times per week.

My smart phone identifies creditors and has a report function built in.

manesntails, ginster and IslandPony89 like this.
  10. IslandPony89

Ill see if i can locate the paper with the credit notice and draft up a letter/email.

Where we are living now is remote in that its a couple hrs drive to any office or college/uni where i could ask for help.

Ill be seeing my mother on monday and last yr she claimed bankruptcy due to her abusive ex and see if i can get that contact number and maybe theyll be willing to talk on the phone. I know shes been very happy with them.

So I called cc and discussed my concerns like what happens if i send the money and the bank still declines. She said itll sit in a trust until the debt can be resolved. Now im left wondering if i can afford to have a couple hundred left sitting somewhere when i can put that money to use.

She said that looking at my issue the only reason the bank could refuse now is that my monthly payment wont be high enough. I did explain to her that i can not go any higher and even this is pushing it.

I really wish hubbys EI hadnt been stopped and that he had been accepted on disability (were currently working on our appeal) its alot of pressure being on just one income trying to keep everything balanced.