Craft for horse camp ideas?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by MarchAlong, Jun 16, 2010.

1. MarchAlong

MarchAlong Registered

I am in charge of coming up with crafts for several camps being held at my barn this summer. I was wondering if anyone has some ideas for a horse related craft that would be inexpensive to make. Any help would be awesome!

Two of the camps are for younger girls maybe ranging in age from 5-10 and the other camp is for girls who are 10-15.

2. Appylvr

Appylvr Senior Member+

horse hair bracelets? I've wanted to get one forever... just add some beads (etc) into it and they're great.

3. paintpony1

paintpony1 Senior Member

we did things like painting horseshoes and paint the horse... works best if you have a white horse! :)

4. horseinsane101

horseinsane101 Senior Member

Painting old horseshoes is always fun.
    I also used to make tshirts. Some craft stores sell foam, horse shaped stamps. Have each camper bring in a white shirt. They can paint the stamps to look like their favorite horse and will have a new tshirt. Just make sure you put newspaper in the middle so the paint doesn't leak through

5. draftlover

draftlover Senior Member+

6. draftlover

7. draftlover

8. Larklover

Larklover Senior Member

A great one to do is name that body part on the horse. You get a really calm horse, tie it up (or someone hold it), then you get sticky notes and lable them with a horse body part. Give each camper four sticky notes. The camper who lables the most horse body parts right wins.

9. spinandslide

spinandslide Senior Member+

IVe made in the past "beaded" horseshoes..take old, cleaned up horseshoes and then get wire..let the kids put beads on the wire and then wrap it around the horseshoe..attach wire at the top for hanging..

I made these for christmas presents one year and I think Im doing it again this year..made some of mine extra special by using my friend's horsess' actual shoes too..:)

10. txcowgrly

txcowgrly Senior Member