Cowboy Boots never fit legs! What do you do?

Discussion in 'Tack & Equipment' started by mistylover, Jul 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mistylover

mistylover Senior Member

Okay every time i go shopping for cowboy boots i try on the cute colorful ostrich skin ones or the nioce show boots and nothing fits my legs! I hate it. I dont buy em cuz trust me they look terrible! but i love em. So i always have to settle with lil townie boots. Which dont get me wrong there fine but i want real cowboy boots nothin fake. Not a big deal but does anyone else have this problem. There legs are too skinny in there boots? What do you do? What do u buy? Do u get cuystom ones?

2. willeys bonanza

willeys bonanza Senior Member

When you mean dont fit your legs i am a big confused. From your picture it looks as though you ride englihs. Western boots do not fit like english. Your toes do not hit the front of the boot, your heel should rise and fall in teh boot as you walk and they are not tight at all on the leg. That is how they are suposed to fit. It also depends on how high your boot goes, since your leg is not the same width in every place. I dont know if im addressing the your problem, but please explain.

3. wyldterv

wyldterv Senior Member+

Western boots should NOT fit snug and tight around your legs like an English boot:) If my leg was NOT slimmer then my Western Boots, that's when I'd have to start working out harder:wink: (and I dno't have tiny legs, LOLOLOL)

4. mistylover

mistylover Senior Member

I ride and show both. But im tlking about western boots. hmm think of it this way. Like imagine a stick and stick it in your boot. The foot fits. but the side of the upper part of the boot dont hug or fit ur leg. Like the boot dont fall out it just looks bad under jeans that fit ur leg because the shape of the boot shows under the pants. Kinda get wut i mean now? lol

5. mistylover

mistylover Senior Member

hmm i dont know how else to expain this .. i know there not supposed to hug like an english boot. But hmmm maybe ill have to take a picture

6. Appy_Lover

Appy_Lover Senior Member+

Yeah I get it, Mmmh! Try looking at a different name brand, cuz western boots aren't suppose to be snuged like english boots are. My boots kinda can be seen from under my pants, but not to much. does it really stick out?

7. Haas Horse Farm

Haas Horse Farm Senior Member+

LOL You cannot see the top of the boot under the jeans so what it the problem? Sounds to me like you do not have any boot cut jeans to wear with western boots.

8. Appy_Lover

Appy_Lover Senior Member+

I think she had boot cut?:confused: :confused:

9. Haas Horse Farm

Haas Horse Farm Senior Member+

Then her jeans are not long enough....

10. mistylover

mistylover Senior Member

wow lol k. umm. ok this might make it sound better. I have boot cut jeans that are a lil short so i wanna tuck em into my boots that i wanna buy/find but it looks geeky/stupid because my jeans hug my leg and theres too much room. Like i know that there not supposed to hug ur leg but ur leg should fit in the boot and mine dosnt theres too muich space in between the boot and my leg. like way too much that it looks really geeky. And then u have the prob where u buy jeans that are long and fit real nice but with the boots that ive been lookin for the boots are too big for the pants too go over and then it looks funny cuz u can see the lining of the boot under the pants.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.