Comedy movie fans

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Alsosusieq2, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

We just got through watching Goon with Seaan William Scott. Not bad for a hockey flick. I like him though for some goofy reason. :)

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
  2. RelaxMax

RelaxMax Senior Member

Just watched What We Do In The Shadows. Highly suggest.

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  3. Alsosusieq2

Will mark that down, I watched one called the people I slept with that was pretty funny, although the themes probably would offend some.;)

4. Alsosusieq2

Shout out recommendation for a really good buddy comedy Central Intelligence with Dwayne Johnson 2016. Never saw it advertised and although not a Rock fan, it's pretty darn good. I was actually surprised. It's not a goofy completely stupid buddy comedy and is based on a past high school friendship, revisited later when the Rock has come into himself and is now an agent. I really recommend it, especially if you like the Rock..you'll love it.

5. Alsosusieq2

I saw Bridesmaids and it did have it's moments. Kind of quirky. The restaurant fiasco was the part I remember most. ;)

6. CJ

CJ Senior Member

I sometimes quote or paraphrase Monty Pythons Holy Grail : "Im not dead yet; Im feeling much better."
    I like some of Eddie Murphys- Beverly Hills Cop or Dr Doolittle, and Robin Williams'.
    And never underestimate something well done by Muppets ;)

7. Compadre

Compadre Senior Member

I loved Kung Fu Hustle.

My favorite off the beaten track comedy is called It's Kind of a Funny Story.

It has a couple recognisable people in it (namely Zack Galifianakis), but it was a small movie and I don't even think it showed in theaters. It has a lot to do with mental illness, but it manages to be really funny while still actually pretty accurate to regular people, and how you don't have to be "crazy" to need a little bit of help sometimes. I watch it around once a year ;)