Colonial Spanish Horse Training Journal

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by secuono, Jan 2, 2016.

1. secuono

secuono Senior Member

Drilled holes in two 3" diameter, 5ft PVC pipes & attached it to his harness & breastcollar so he felt the pull against his chest, no problems. Then added 2 rider mower tires & he drug them at a walk & trot, zero issue!

Hmm, will try to make an axle to roll 4 old mower tires I have laying around. Then switch to the old truck tire I have. 12" would be the highest I can make the poles at the rear.

I think his issue isn't anything related to poles, dragging stuff, being between poles or w/e. I think his issue is my fault. I was at his side leading him with one arm out and trying to move the cart along with him with my other hand. So it's my confusing body language that I believe is making him swing his butt away.

I will attempt to get DH to help on a dry day with him leading & me maneuvering the cart. If nothing goes haywire, I will hook him up and see how he pulls as I lead him. =)

Exciting!

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  2. secuono

secuono Senior Member

3. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

secuono likes this.
  4. secuono

secuono Senior Member

That saddle was too broad.
    Have a different one that fits. Redid my pad to match it.
    Taking the youngest mini with me & the gelding on a trail ride real soon. She may end up stalled there instead, which is fine, she needs to work on her separation issues.
    20180814_105357.jpg

Alsosusieq2 likes this.