Clipper Recomendation

Discussion in 'Horse Grooming' started by Corina, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Corina

Corina Full Member

Looking for some clipper recommendations. I need something that will mainly be used for minor trimming (face, feathers, bridle-path) for 1-2 horses throughout the show season but can also do one body clip a season on a hairy mini that doesn't shed out in the summer (has cushings). It doesn't have to be a perfect, pretty clip as he never leaves the farm but I do want something that I won't completely kill by doing a clip. Trying to stay as cheap as possible but I also want something that will last.

2. Dream27

Dream27 Senior Member

Corina likes this.
  3. NBChoice

NBChoice Senior Member

I have those^^ as well and really like them.

Corina and Dream27 like this.
  4. RusticR

RusticR Senior Member+

I loved my Wahl chromado clippers. I had them for years and they did an excellent job! They run about $130

Corina likes this.
  5. Corina

Corina Full Member

Are they suitable for a body clip? The Wahl's website had them recommended for horses bridle path, ears, muzzle, and fetlocks only.

6. DocsLglyBlonde

DocsLglyBlonde Senior Member

I have the same Andis 2 speed clippers linked about. I've been very pleased with them! I use them with 10 blades for body clips (I've grown to much prefer those over the t84) and just discovered the ceramic edge blades which I like even better. I've had to replace my drive assembly a couple of times in the last few years, but it's a cheap and easy fix. I use them to full clip my Cushing's mare and I take care to ensure she's clean and her coat never gets too wild, but they have been working very well for me.

Dream27 likes this.
  7. RusticR

RusticR Senior Member+

I used them on my paint and he had two large belly spots plus white legs that went up to his body that I clipped multiple times per year. If you wanted them to do body clipping horses a lot you’d probably want something bigger. But a body clipping a mini once a year shouldn’t be an issue. My paint had yak white hair too. The blades wouldn’t get hot either. That I really liked.