Circle S saddle? Any reviews?

Discussion in 'Tack & Equipment' started by Alliekk, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Alliekk

Alliekk Senior Member+

Someone is offering their beautiful Circle S show saddle for my Park and Trail Circle Y. My saddle is a couple years old, hers is brand new, it's the right tree size for what I need and mine is right for her. I honestly do not like the quality of my Circle Y, so if I hear good reviews I might not think I am trading down. Let me know what you think.

2. Alliekk

Alliekk Senior Member+

bump.........

3. WilsonF

WilsonF Senior Member+

http://myhorseforum.com/threads/147046/

http://myhorseforum.com/threads/122108/

Found those two older threads. I *think* Circle S is midway saddle. Not top of the line and not garbage either. Make sure it fits perfect before you do the trade. Do like i did with the Circle Y i was trying out. Trade for a day or half a day, with contract written. We exhanged phone numbers, addresses, and Driver License numbers. That way if either were to run off with the other person saddle each person was covered.

Ok, thats it from me. Gotta finish getting ready for the show. Too much to do!!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2015
  4. SouthernTrailsG

SouthernTrailsG Senior Member+

5. Tydyecowgrrl

Tydyecowgrrl Senior Member+

Circle S is a decent, USA made, mid range saddle.

If you are not happy with the quality of a Circle Y then a Circle S may not be the one you want.

6. luvs2ride79

luvs2ride79 Senior Member+

7. Alliekk

Alliekk Senior Member+

Thanks guys! The Circle Y I have, IMO isn't the highest quality. Definitely doesn't compare to my older Tex-Tan. I think I'll try it out for a day under contract to see if it'll fit my geldings. I really like the way the saddle looks, it's beautiful! We'll see how it fits.

8. Casa Zia

Casa Zia Registered

We sell Circle S in our shop, along with Ozark Leather Saddle King of Texas, Colorado Saddlery, Nash and more.
    Honest opinion I myself really like the Circle S and I sell alot of them, i have never had a complaint. They many styles and the price range is good for some one not wanting spend a huge amount but get a good saddle that will last. Thay have harwood trees and are bullhide wrapped. I have several guys that use the Circle S Ropers for Team Roping.

9. bktohorses

bktohorses Senior Member

Doesn't really matter whether you think the Circle Y is not as well made or not. The name is what carries them and you could probably sell it and buy the other and still have money left over. Circle Y carries a good resale value just by their name, and even their older ones in decent well kept shape bring good money. If you would ever have to sell the Circle S I don't know if they retain their value that well.

I always buy with the thought that if something extreme comes up in my life and I have to sell I want to be able to sell and not lose a ton of money.