Chloe's 2019-2020 Breeding Thread

Discussion in 'Horse Breeding' started by endurgirl, Mar 15, 2019.

1. endurgirl

endurgirl Senior Member

These threads help me keep up with dates, and looking back on them is fun to see the ups and downs we went thru. So here's her new thread. :D

I had already planned to breed to Im Countin Checks this year, i bid on an auction and won the breeding. It was then paid for. He's standing at Weatherford Equine this year as ESMS on the Brazos closed.

Im Countin Checks is a 2002 sorrel stallion, 5 panel N/N and has earned $514,757 and sired offspring earnings of 4.3 million. His fee is $1750. He is owned by Circle Y Ranch in Weatherford TX. He is sired by Smart Little Ricochet, out of Autumn Boon.
    im countin checks_web.jpg

im-countin-checks-matt-gaines.jpg

Then come December we went to an open house at SDP Buffalo Ranch and everyone there could enter their name on any 3 stallions for a free breeding! I loved Sannman so he was easily my first choice, then i also wrote down Sigala Rey and thought....'hmm... Boon Too Suen has the highest stud fee, i'll write his name down too', as he was off my radar with a fee of $3500. Ends up, i won the free breeding!!!! So my plans of having Chloe carry the foal with no use of a recip were all changed in a minute :rofl:.

Here's Boon Too Suen, a 2005 sorrel stallion, earner of $261,641, 5 panel N/N, son of Peptoboonsmal, who needs no introduction, and out of Meradas Blue Sue, earner of over $734,000. Boon Too Suen has offspring earnings of almost 2 million. He was bought by Creek Plantation last year and stands at SDP Buffalo Ranch.

SM-Boon-Too-Suen-Profile-1_0289.jpg
    Boon-Too-Suen_main.jpg

So, i decided to use Weatherford Equine this year for the embryo transfer for Im Countin Checks and will then carry the Boon Too Suen foal. I dropped her off March 8th. She was not cycling yet, so will be rechecked in a couple of weeks.

Fingers crossed this one goes as smoothly as last year's breeding!! I'll update this thread as anything new happens. :D

2. ~tiffy~

~tiffy~ Senior Member

How are u ever going to decide which babies to keep? Or keep them all?
    I vote keep them all :tiphat:

Puddincup, kodemiester and endurgirl like this.
  3. endurgirl

endurgirl Senior Member

I don't have any answers yet. :rofl:

4. palogal

palogal Senior Member

Exciting! You have a recip for the embryo transfer?

5. endurgirl

endurgirl Senior Member

Weatherford Equine provides them, i rent the recips from them, lol.

6. palogal

palogal Senior Member

Oh cool, I didn't know they did that. Not a breeder lol. I've worked with ESMS a lot but not Weatherford Equine. ESMS being right next to Teskeys and all....

7. Arem

Arem Senior Member

Hmmm. I wonder what colour the foals will be? :idea:

Puddincup and greenpaintpony like this.
  8. endurgirl

endurgirl Senior Member

I loved ESMS's sister facility. And i love Teskey's. Spent WAYYYYYYYY too much there last week. :rofl:

Hmmm... i'm hoping for a bay. I think i might get one. Don't you?

:rofl:

Puddincup, greenpaintpony and Arem like this.
  9. greenpaintpony

greenpaintpony Senior Member

Still can’t believe we missed each other by less than a day :ROFLMAO: So excited about both of these (very nice!) red babies!!

kodemiester, Arem and endurgirl like this.
  10. Peaty

Peaty Senior Member

Sell me a baby in a year or two! Love watching all of your plans with some very lovely/successful horses. :)