Charity Horse Show! Savethehorses.org and some information about them

Discussion in 'Equestrian Events, Shows, Competitions' started by John Carpenter, Mar 24, 2018.

1. John Carpenter

John Carpenter Full Member

Hello everyone,
    I'm not positive how to do this, but I'm going to give it a go...
    On June 10th, savethehorses.org is hosting their second annual charity horse show at Wills Park Equestrian Center in Alpharetta, GA. It's a fun show, so you don't have to show up in fancy clothes. An example one of the fun classes being offered is bareback pleasure. They are also going to have hunter events.
    This year the show is in memory of "Trudy" the first horse to come to the rescue in 1998. She was our worst abuse case. I'll paraphrase her story: she didn't/couldn't do something her owner had asked her to do, so he wrapped her legs in barbed wire and drug her behind a tractor. She also had cancer in one eye and had to have it taken out. The other eye looked as if it was turned up; likewise, she couldn't see out of it, so she was completely blind. She died on March 7, but she died knowing she was very loved.
    All of the proceeds this year are going to benefit blind horses and horses with eye trauma. Classes are nine dollars each and all of them are extremely fun. I'll include some links here, so you can learns some more about it: Save the Horses |Welcome horse lovers!
    Save the Horses Charity Horse Show
    Trudy@Save the Horses
    I'll also include some information about Save the Horses:
    Save the Horses is a non-profit organization that relies completely on volunteers. The have orientation on the second Saturday of each month from 9a.m.-12p.m. and no matter how little you are they'll have a job for you (some mom's children that are four and five years old and they get to help out too)! They have several animals that need adopting and they encourage you to take the animal(s) you adopt off the property so they have room to bring in more animals.
    Save the Horses doesn't only bring in horses, they help all sorts of animals! They have a petting zoo where they keep the sheep, the pigs, the turkey (saved him from being Thanksgiving dinner!), and a lot of the chickens. They also have had ducks. At Save the Horses we have several paddocks, but the main one is called the gelding pasture. That's where the cow named Rosie lives.
    If you have any little bitties that can't handle the "big horses" then they'll love the dwarf horses. Dwarf horses are probably about 5-7 hh and are very sweet and they absolutely love the attention. They have six dwarfs and one dwarf mule named Fiona. Saucy, Willow, Zack, Gizmo,Duke, and Samson. Saucy and Willow are kind of like our tiny representatives. Whenever we go somewhere and we have the opportunity to bring them, they come. People love them!
    If you love animals and want to volunteer come on down! We love our volunteers and need as many as we can get! If you can't volunteer you can sponsor a horse. And don't forget about adoptions! We're always looking for adopters. If you love Horses come down and see Save the Horses and maybe you can show your horse in the horse show in June!

ginster and Alsosusieq2 like this.
  2. John Carpenter

Horse show is only six days away!

3. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Cool, thanks John. Good to see you!!

4. ginster

ginster Senior Member

I wish you a fun and successful show! Please share pictures next week!?

5. John Carpenter

I'll try!

ginster likes this.