Cat in heat! Anyway to calm her down???

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by angels3, Dec 14, 2010.

1. angels3

angels3 Senior Member

My cat is in heat for the first time and i'm at a loss what to do :(. Shes getting fixed next week, but is there anything I can do to calm her down until then?? I keep thinking shes in pain since she howls and rolls around alot, but I've read that thats normal.. Lol female cat newbbie :blushing:..

2. ParkedOut

ParkedOut Senior Member+

She's not in pain. She's in 'want' ... and the only thing that will calm her down is breeding her-

Just pet her and make SURE she stays inside. This is the prime time for her to sneak out and find a friend.:p

3. Zimalia

Zimalia Senior Member+

She's not in pain. She is sending out signals to any available tom that she's ready, available, and easy.

Don't worry about her. This will pass. Just keep that appointment to get her spayed, or you'll have a lot of little kitties.

4. Heavenly Jumper

Heavenly Jumper Senior Moderator

The only thing you can do is ignore her. Also, try and avoid petting or patting her rear half, I found that this just encourages them to come around and annoy me for 'attention'. :eek: I had to explain that to my husband the first time he was around a female cat in heat (before she was fixed) and he kept patting her on the bum. I was like 'sweetie, she likes that, if you keep doing that she won't leave you alone' ... he says "I know, she always liked her butt patted" and I said "No. She LIKES that." and he was [​IMG] "oh."

5. ParkedOut

ParkedOut Senior Member+

:eek2::D

Hilarious. Very similiar to a discussion I had with my Hubs about 1 year into our marriage. We were eating breakfast and heard this AWFUL yowling and screaming coming from the yard. Tom was molesting Mamma Cat and Hubs was going for the water hose. I grabbed his arm and asked him WTH he thought he was doing.

Him: I'm going to separate them before they hurt themselves.

Me: Why? (dumbstruck)

Him: Look at them! They're fighting!

Me: *snorts* They're not 'fighting'.

Him: :confused:

Me: They're copulating. :rofl:

Him: :blushing::blushing::blushing:

6. farmeress

farmeress Banned

Buy some filiway from the vet and spray it around...that will chill her out for awhile...if she is big on catnip...that can help too....many times gravol for pets will help out for a few hours of peace

After that...ear muffs or loud music....lol

7. jordanna114

jordanna114 Senior Member+

:rofl: She thought she found herself a boyfriend:D

I have nothing to add to this thread except for one of my favorite cartoons ever.

[​IMG]

8. Millieluvsu

Millieluvsu Senior Member

Haha..too funny!!! :D

9. angels3

angels3 Senior Member

No patting on the back... oh :blushing:.. lol thats probably why she cries when I stop.. Thanks!

10. trish12

trish12 Senior Member+

I second that..:wink: