Car Accident - I was T-Boned *PICS OF THE DOOR*

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Peg D, Jul 27, 2006.

1. Peg D

Peg D Senior Member+

I am OK, I will live.... I have a cracked rib and boy is it hard to breathe......
    I will get pics of my car later, Ken says to smuck the drivers door that bad he was going faster than (yes drivers door I said that) faster than 30mph.... but the cops didn't even consider speed. But then again I am not sure, I was SCARED!!
    Poor older gentleman about 77 years old driving a BIG white car. He had a stop sign and either he didn't stop or just pulling away from the stop and got up to a real high speed in the 20 feet that it took to hit me. I never had a chance......
    uggggg.
    I will be back later, I will have a pic of my car, which Ken says is probably totaled.... there are damages more than what meets the eye. I buckled the back part of my car. My steering sector was busted and leaking fluid..... the back door is pinched.... My beautiful 300 M! :(

Last edited: Jul 27, 2006

2. Shotgun93

Shotgun93 Senior Member+

Oh peg! That is too bad. At least you weren't hurt too badly, but cracked ribs sure can hurt for a while!
    Did the guy get a ticket?

Peg D likes this.
  3. Peg D

Peg D Senior Member+

Yes, Failure to yield which I understand is as bad as getting a DUI these days as far as Insurances are concerned. There were 3 witnesses also, I have no clue what they saw, but they gave statements. Gotta love the smaller towns..... bless those boys.

4. Varisha

Varisha Senior Member+

So glad your not hurt anyworse!!! Make sure to follow doctors orders and don't over do it. You are going to be black and blue for a good while.

Peg D likes this.
  5. CJ

CJ Senior Member+

Holy smokes, on the drivers side?! Im glad you werent seriously hurt! Sounds like he didnt stop for the sign.
    IMHO take some anti inflammatories Now b/c you are Really going to be feeling the effects tomorrow AM.
    Welcome to the Crash Club.

Peg D likes this.
  6. Moostang

Moostang Senior Member+

Any accident you can walk away from is a lucky one. I am glad you are here to post afterwards!

7. freedom32

freedom32 Senior Member+

Oh man Peg!! I'm glad you are basically ok, but cracked ribs bite the, oh nevermind, you get the idea!

I am very glad it was not worse, and I hope you're not too stiff in the morning.

Peg D likes this.
  8. Commanderkins

Commanderkins Senior Member+

You are well enough to post so you are lucky to be alive! you had a 300 M???????

Peg D likes this.
  9. HawaiianPaint

HawaiianPaint Senior Member

Oh thats terrible...glad you didn't get hurt any worse! I just got my car back today from someone hitting it (I wasn't in it, it was parked by my house), if I didn't love my car so much and it wasn't someone else's insurance paying for the fixes then it would have been totaled.

I 2nd the suggestion to drink lots of water and take some anti inflammatories, esp before bed. :( Hope you feel better and hope the guy had insurance!

10. Slowrider

Slowrider Senior Member+

Ya, why is it that old people (who probably shouldn't even be driving anymore) love the BIG old cars???:no:

I'm so glad that you're still with us to talk about it. Sure hope you have a quick recovery. :cutekiss: