1. JOIN the world's largest horse forum! Chat and learn from other experts about horse training, breeding, health, showing, riding, contests and use our free horse classifieds. Register Here

Featured Calling All Mutts!

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by BroadaxJuniorMint, Mar 10, 2017.

1. LiveLifeLouder

LiveLifeLouder Full Member

I've got 2 "not quite sure"
    First is my pony mare Candy. She's a welsh cross of some sort but she is perfect to me!
    FB_IMG_1490031138402.jpg FB_IMG_1490031207851.jpg

Next is Nikki. He belongs to a friend and is here for a visit to work out some issues (but he's doing great!). He came from an auction so no real history, but he's super cute!
    FB_IMG_1490031172075.jpg FB_IMG_1490031167187.jpg FB_IMG_1490031149498.jpg

2. CJ

CJ Senior Member

I got my free horse from a lady who got him at an auction in Virginia. So what he was, how old he was exactly was iffy/ a mystery. I used to joke I owned a or the Last Narragansett pacer after seeing a pic that was, other than the coon foot issue, pretty much spot on. Since I knew Raps birthday, and Shens teeth were almost identical, I factually assumed they were "within a year of each other", which was also close to what he was promoted as at the auction, per first owner. A floater went so far as to say the horses were within six months of each other. If accurate, he was @8 below. I had him til he passed @25. He lost a few pounds, even owner1 said he needed to (over 1000 here v), but stayed sweet and sound/ mobile & barefoot to the end. I Mayve had a warmblood 1st and foremost but Shen was a popular favorite with the kids, strangers and novices 'for some reason', partly or other than being really really sweet in general, to everybody.. despite being 'built by committee'.

[​IMG] upload_2017-3-20_15-6-46.jpeg

3. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

LiveLifeLouder likes this.
  4. BroadaxJuniorMint

BroadaxJuniorMint Full Member

5. BroadaxJuniorMint

6. BroadaxJuniorMint

Mystery horses sometimes turn out to be the best. He seems really happy. I like his color.

7. CJ

CJ Senior Member

He was a sweet, happy horse, and a great shade of bay. Pic is of his winter coat (believe it or not) and redder highlights came up when he shed out (*butt behind him is Raps who was mahogany bay shed out.)
    One reason I adopted him despite conformation is 1 spring day I saw him playing at liberty out in the field and he was catching/ doing a lot of "air/s above the ground", running sprints & rodeo-broncing, just because (he felt like it.) And I thought, "hes sounder than he Looks, or hes stoned on his own endomorphins." He wasnt sore after, despite landing like a kangaroo. So when his owner started saying she'd pts if he didnt sell, that seemed like a total waste of a good, sweet, young horse. No regrets, either, ever.

8. CheyAut

CheyAut Senior Member

Since I think she's going to be mine (I have her on trial from a friend), I thought I'd add Noel here. Friend got her from Kaufmann around Christmas. Nothing known about her. She's very much gaited though, and moves like a walker IMO.
    noel.jpg

9. GONE ROPING

GONE ROPING Full Member

Here is another pic of my mutt!!:p Screenshot_20170325-165500.png Screenshot_20170325-165500.png IMG_20170325_170440.jpg the last one I messed with accidentally...:LOL: and I thought it looked cool. So I posted it

10. GONE ROPING

GONE ROPING Full Member

And the first two are blurry when I post them but OK on my phone.. What in the world:rolleyez:

Alsosusieq2 likes this.