Calling All Mutts!

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by BroadaxJuniorMint, Mar 10, 2017.

1. CheyAut

CheyAut Senior Member

OK Calista fans, I"m going to make a thread for pics of her so look for that ;)

Alsosusieq2, Sarai and mooselady like this.
  2. Standardbredgirl

Standardbredgirl Senior Member

Max is just the cutest!
    He might not be perfect(who is?:p)... but he is just absolutely gorgeous!:heartbeat:

Alsosusieq2 and RelaxMax like this.
  3. Standardbredgirl

Standardbredgirl Senior Member

I just realized I technically have two mutts Dixie and my pony! My pony we're not sure what breed she is. My donkey isn't registered(her sire was) so is she a mutt?:confused:
    IMG_0156.JPG

Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
  4. MzCarol

MzCarol Senior Member

A horrid photo of me, but a gorgeous picture of Ayah. She was DNA tested by the breeder to be 67% Arab with a dash of Saddlebred and a splash of Quarter Horse. She'll be 7 in June and I've raised/trained her from a weanling.
    [​IMG]

Her baby photo :)
    [​IMG]

This is Chevy the once upon a time ranch pony. I have no idea what his recipe is but I was told that somewhere in his lines there is TWH. His mother gaited but he does not. Chevy is in the middle of his first showing season and we couldn't be prouder of him and Cali, the young girl who is riding him.
    [​IMG]

And to be fair, here is his baby picture :)
    [​IMG]

5. bellalou

bellalou Senior Member

Sparky, QH/Arab cross. No idea of the breeding of either parent but they were both registered. The best way to see him is in motion. Use volume so you can catch the sound effects. :p

6. QHriderKE

QHriderKE Senior Member

Aside from my Squiggo, we've acquired a number of mutts over the years.
    Including Squiggy's half sister, Harley. She's the big beefy black one with the ostrich on her face! (you can also see a Squiggy butt in this picture)
    16649052_10154193108935877_4514767982009800858_n.jpg

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    We've never measured her, but my dad is 5'11" for reference....
    I have some plans in the works to get a yearling off of the mare Harley came from, as she was bred to an absolutely stunning blue roan that is about 90% legs, so crossing the size of these horses with height and legs is gonna be AWESOME! Plus these horses are tough as nails!

We also had this little paint dropped off at our place one summer, (long story short, lady didn't feed her horses, horses got out and ran around the country for a few months, horses were seized, and one of the guys who got some horses figured we needed this one and the rest is history) she was a great one to have around, despite being basically everything we didn't want in a horse, loads of pink skin, white feet, blue eyes, loud paint color.... lol.

But she worked and was safe for anyone to ride, and even shaped up into one heck of a last-minute team roping horse when my main horse pulled up lame. My mom later used her in the roping arena and got into a bit of a tuss with a steer and after, this horse was never quite right in the shoulder, even after adjustments and time off. She got better if I just took her for a little bareback jog around the yard a few times a week, but we never really wanted to push her to rope or even just be used around the ranch for fear of making it worse... so we passed her on over to a local family for their kids to ride and torture with pink tack, braids and glitter, so I'm sure she's really spoiled and fat and quite happy there!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Nu5ha

Nu5ha Senior Member

My goodness all that snorting and prancing what a cutie pie!

I really enjoy looking at all the mutts especially the Arab crosses as I'm always on the look out for what could pony possibly be.

Alsosusieq2 and bellalou like this.
  8. GONE ROPING

GONE ROPING Full Member

I:heartbeat:Harley!! Honestly, I haven't saw a horse of yours that I haven't liked yet:p

Alsosusieq2 and QHriderKE like this.
  9. BroadaxJuniorMint

BroadaxJuniorMint Full Member

Gorgeous!

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  10. BroadaxJuniorMint

BroadaxJuniorMint Full Member

Ooooh! :woot:

Alsosusieq2 and MzCarol like this.