1. JOIN the world's largest horse forum! Chat and learn from other experts about horse training, breeding, health, showing, riding, contests and use our free horse classifieds. Register Here

Featured Calling All Mutts!

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by BroadaxJuniorMint, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Love those ponies-!! They sure are a lovely bunch.;)

Dona Worry and Sarai like this.
  2. Blue-Roan

Blue-Roan Full Member

My horse Gage is supposedly a grade Quarter Horse, but I have no clue as to who his parents are. He's 4, going to be 5 soon (according to my best guesstimate). His winter coat makes him look black but he's actually a blue roan. He's not exactly a perfect specimen but he sure can be cute!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

He is all sorts of cute, and I love the blue on him.

4. CheyAut

CheyAut Senior Member

Calista, my 14.1h beauty. She was a rescue (friend of mine rescued her) and they had lots of Arabs, so possibly some Arab in her. A lot of people think possibly something gaited in there, and while she doesn't gait, she does trot with a paddle out, like Peruvians do when they gait. Obviously something pinto in there.
    [​IMG]

Summer, 14h Welsh Cob/Haflinger mare. Please excuse the costume, it was a Halloween event ;)
    [​IMG]

Bindi, who's around 14h, Gypsy/Haflinger mare. For those who are unaware, gypsies DO come in appaloosa, which is where her color comes from.
    [​IMG]

River, 14h Arabian/Welsh mare
    [​IMG]

And Noel, who isn't technically mine, at least not yet. She's on trial from a friend. She's about 14.1h and some sort of gaited mare. There's a thread on here somewhere. I think she's part TWH, she moves like one. My friend thought Arab cross. Whatever she is, she has a niiiice gait :)
    noel.jpg

5. Sarai

Sarai Senior Member

*whistles*
    Those are some beeyootiful mutts!
    Love love love Calista! Yep Def some Arab in there! She likely gets her 'gait but not gait' from the Arabian if there isn't any gaited breeds in her lines... they can do some spectacular trots!! I'd almost be willing to lay a bet that she's a CMK or Crabbet pintabian.... but WHAT a BEAUTY!

zett, CheyAut and Alsosusieq2 like this.
  6. Alsosusieq2

Calista certainly is beautiful, it's very obvious there's an Arab in the woodpile. You've got a lovely string CheyAut for certain-!! ;)

BroadaxJuniorMint, CheyAut and Sarai like this.
  7. CheyAut

CheyAut Senior Member

Thank you guys! I <3 that girl. She's a sweet as she is beautiful. I was going to share more pics, but my computer is NOT cooperating with me at the moment :/

Sarai and Alsosusieq2 like this.
  8. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

Well beat it into submission, need more Calista pictures.:loveflag:

ginster, Sarai, GONE ROPING and 2 others like this.
  9. CheyAut

CheyAut Senior Member

I'll try again tomorrow. I think maybe my laptop needs a restart... but I need to get to bed, have a horse getting gelding in the morning, so I need to get everyone fed etc before vet arrives!

Sarai, Alsosusieq2 and mooselady like this.
  10. Alsosusieq2

He's a beauty, I thought for a second he was an appy till I saw the other photos. What a good expression, sweet face.;)