bushy forelock?

Discussion in 'Horse Grooming' started by westerngirl14, Jan 15, 2008.

1. westerngirl14

westerngirl14 Senior Member

hey, my pony's forelock is real bushy....:eek: lol.. I didn't use to mind it, but it's beginning to get in the way.. any way to trim it down without pulling it? I want it to be long, but not quite so bushy, if possible.....:D
    thanks

2. AllAroundRdr

AllAroundRdr Senior Member+

"Bushy" as in thick, or frizzy? -- I'm a Deep Conditioning advocate for unruly manes/forelocks.

3. sorrell

sorrell Senior Member+

Hmmm, I'd like to know the answer for this too. My QH gelding has a normal mane, but his forelock grows short and sticks out.
    I know with our ponies, we would braid the forelock and tuck it under to get it out the way. You cold be sneaky and braid the under bits and leave a center piece straight!!!

4. Goonhorse

Goonhorse Senior Member+

Aaaw! But Rain looks so cute with a bushy forelock. :) Does it get in the way for bridling? If so, maybe you could just trim a bridle path (unless you already have), and that should get those annoying hairs out of the way.

5. westerngirl14

westerngirl14 Senior Member

hey,
    yeah, I've thought about trimming a bridle path.. probably the best way to do it... :p
    and yeah, I'll never pass up a chance to say that she does look awfully cute, but it gets annoying........:wink:
    LOL...