Buckeye?

Discussion in 'Horse Health' started by raisethebar, Jun 5, 2017.

1. raisethebar

raisethebar Senior Member

I've had bad luck with Hoffmans i'm not sure why. I was using Masterfeeds and I was satisfied with it, but I had to drive an hour to get it and it cost me about $50/month and I can buy Buckeye (Grow N Win) right in town for $55.

I started her on Buckeye yesterday and I will give it a try. She gets a bit of Step 8, mostly for flavour, and Canpressco so she's getting a fair amount of fats.

Larkspade likes this.
  2. Circle C

Circle C Senior Member

Before & After: Buckeye Gro N Win

Foxy - QH
    Nutrena Complete
    f1.jpg

6 months later on Buckeye Gro N Win
    f2.jpg

Teeka - Paint
    Nutrena Safe CHoice
    t1.jpg

6 months later on Buckeye Gro N Win + alfalfa Pellets
    t2.jpg

JD - Shetland Pony
    Sweet feed
    j1.jpg

3 months later Gro N Win
    j2.jpg

Dusty - Mini Horse - previously foundered
    Sweet feed
    du1.jpg

after 3 months Gro N win and my own hoof trimming

du2.jpg

3. Circle C

Circle C Senior Member

My current colts before/after:
    He is currently eating (per day) 2lbs Buckeye Gro N Win, 2 lbs alfalfa pellets, 1 sc (15g) Uckele GUT, 1c whole flax.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. slc

slc Senior Member

Buckeye guarantees their feed is processed in cattle medication, harmful additive free mills.

Years ago a local pro WSRN convinced me that G&W was 'crap' and 'all filler' and that he was givin more and more to his horses because it was 'all crap and filler'. That bothered me so for some time I fed some other products - Ultium, Tribute products, etc.

I went back to Buckeye after a certain company had an incident which appeared to be connected to a certain company's use of mills that were not free of the medications/additives of concern.

I think the local pro was full of beansprouts the whole time. I got fine results always with it.

5. hamerface

hamerface Senior Member

Keddies does a Hoffman's type mineral formulate for our area @raisethebar called DGM. Hoffman's is formulated for the South.

If you're looking for a loose mineral it may be worth trying.

6. dallasbarnone

dallasbarnone Senior Member

Buckeye is a good feed, and the gro n win will help put muscle on her.. you would gain faster and better doing both the gro and win and the ultimate finish.

7. lhoward

lhoward Senior Member

How I WISH I could still feed Buckeye !!!!! That was the BEST feed I have ever tried. But it wasn't available anymore after I moved. If you have a horse that needs "Bloom" and a superior food, imho there is nothing like Cadence. I fed it. My mare just blossomed with that, it was amazing. Only thing...she is a easy keeper and she gained TO much weight on it, couldn't work it off with her rather light work load. So we switched to Grow and Win and she continued to look great ! I would go back to Buckeye in a heartbeat if only I could. And if you have a horse that isn't a super easy keeper with a very light work load, Cadence is an amazing food to feed. It will be very much worth it !!

8. dallasbarnone

dallasbarnone Senior Member

its easy.. Chewy.com.. free shipping , can't get the feed but the grow and win is there, about the same price or cheaper than my locals ..

lhoward likes this.
  9. Circle C

Circle C Senior Member

I order my dog food from there. That site is great!

10. lhoward

lhoward Senior Member

WHAAAAAAAT ????

I get my dog and cat food from there regularly >>>> runs off to Chewey.com..