Brown tack in dressage......seeing it more! :)

Discussion in 'Tack & Equipment' started by Fancy That, Apr 17, 2014.

1. Fancy That

Fancy That Senior Member

Peeps, I know I had an old thread from 2011 on "Brown Tack in Dressage" but since it's been a few years, I thought I'd bring up this very FRIVILOUS but FUN topic again!

I love brown tack (I'm really a H/J, wannabe Eventer) and think it looks especially stunning on chestnuts, palominos and silver dapples :)

Check out this GORGEOUS pair!!! Rider is also wearing BROWN....and I love brown boots, helmet etc.

[​IMG]

What do you think of the Brown Trend? :) (well, not really a trend.....I know BLACK is traditional and normal)

2. canadianlover

canadianlover Senior Member+

I LOVE brown.

I much prefer it on my flea bitten grey but unfortunately of the two saddles I have right now the black one fits both of us better :(

1 person likes this.
  3. Sempiternal

Sempiternal Senior Member

I have brown tack! Though that's because I got my Passier from my mother's friend for a song. Seriously, $100 for an older Passier PSL in superb condition! :D

1 person likes this.
  4. kaitlynJ

kaitlynJ Senior Member

I almost bought myself a brown dressage saddle...but i needed a new jumping/xc saddle for a better fit for my mare and the model/sizing i needed i couldnt only find in black in my price range so now everything is black!

1 person likes this.
  5. canadianlover

canadianlover Senior Member+

Okay, twin! :cool:

2 people like this.
  6. DelP

DelP Senior Member

I have a black horse and I just don't like how black tack looks on him. I've got a fitter coming out in a couple weeks and he is bringing a brown saddle. I really hope it fits. The saddle is pretty much unused since the owner returned it when their trainer told them they had to have a black saddle to show dressage. :rolleyez: Their loss is my gain I hope! If I get it I'll post pictures here.

shitzuinpa and Fancy That like this.
  7. GingerBreeze

GingerBreeze Senior Member

I LOVE LOVE LOVE brown tack, especially brown Dressage saddles. *drools* I've got a palomino Morgan and am totally dying to get a really fancy brown dressage saddle for her (one day!).

I just got a saddle that is bi-colour so part brown and is so gorgeous! I love the traditional look of black too but there is something really nice about the brown saddles. Especially on certain colours like the ones you mentioned.

2 people like this.
  8. emali06

emali06 Senior Member

It was kind of faded but SUPER comfortable :) I use to ride my chestnut with a brown dressage saddle.

Attached Files:

2 people like this.
  9. txgray

txgray Senior Member

You already know how I feel about the brown boot thing. ;)

[​IMG]

I saw a pic of an eventer somewhere in the past couple months that had all dark brown tack with a navy helmet and navy shadbelly for dressage. It looked super pretty. They seem to be doing a lot of navy right now, I've seen navy helmets all over the place in the event pictures. Also seen a lot of dressage folks with brown boots. Hope the trend carries over to h/j... although I don't really care, I love my brown boots and my navy stuff and I'll wear it whether anyone else likes it or not. :p

11 people like this.
  10. UnDun*

UnDun* Senior Member+

I love it too! I have a gold fitting/brown leather dressage bridle for my chesnut and adore it on him.

Love those boots txgray!

1 person likes this.