Brown Dressage Boots

Discussion in 'Tack & Equipment' started by Sempiternal, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Sempiternal

Sempiternal Senior Member

Any suggestions for around $300 brown dressage boots? Would like a stiffer boot, but also want zippers. I like the Petrie Olympics, but trying to stay a little cheaper than those typically go for.

My MH boots from last year are too big in the calf now and while I'll continue to use them for the jumping phases, I'd love a pair of brown dressage boots to compliment my brown coat and tack!

2. hamerface

hamerface Senior Member

Ovation™ Aeros Ladies Elite Tall Boot

MH Sovereign

ARIAT does a field boot

3. txgray

txgray Senior Member

Divoza has a couple models of brown Petries for 335 Euro. A couple different shades.

Otherwise all the cheaper brown boots I know of are field boots.

Fancy That likes this.
  4. Sempiternal

I don't think any of the brown ones on Divoza are in my size. Maybe I'll just suck it up and get the Olympics. I really want a true stiff (or close to it) dressage boot.

5. DocsLglyBlonde

DocsLglyBlonde Senior Member

I have brown DeNiros that have a stiff back and outer calf, but a nice flexible and close feel inner calf and flexible ankle. They were more than $300 (about double that, but I've seen a couple used pairs out there too), but they are gorgeous. They're a very good mix of stiff and flexible. All of the less expensive ones I checked out had little to no stiffness. I got them earlier this year from Smartpak, and they were a couple hundred dollars less than what they're listed for now o_O I don't know if they were running a sale on them or what, but they might be worth checking out :)

Fancy That likes this.
  6. Sempiternal

I ended up buying a pair of Petrie Olympic boots from Van Huet for about $403 including shipping. Now I just need to get my dressage saddle reflocked and I'll have a lovely brown ensemble.

Fancy That likes this.
  7. Fancy That

Fancy That Senior Member

Sounds lovely. Pics of the ensemble when ready!!!!

DocsLglyBlonde likes this.
  8. Sempiternal

Will do! I'm really hoping to have the boots here - and probably no where near broken in - and saddle reflocked by the Jeremy Steinberg clinic on 3/11 (he's coming for four days, but I'm only riding once).

DocsLglyBlonde likes this.