1. JOIN the world's largest horse forum! Chat and learn from other experts about horse training, breeding, health, showing, riding, contests and use our free horse classifieds. Register Here

Breeds you admire without wanting one yourself

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by bellalou, Feb 17, 2017.

1. bellalou

bellalou Senior Member

Oh, gosh yes! Definitely! There's a part of me that just wants a herd of minis because they're so dang cute but I have no idea what I'd do with them (besides feed them cookies).

2. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

Exactly, cookie feeding yes, but what else?

3. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

I love the ponies and minis too but I don't have small children to ride them, driving idk..never really thought about it. Cookies, yeass.

mooselady likes this.
  4. SparkleDust

SparkleDust Senior Member

Mules. They're adorable and hardy, but not exactly what I'm looking for. I like to admire them from afar. :)

5. Kappa

Kappa Senior Member

Ponies. The cute hunter/jumper ones. So much elegance crammed in such a small package. Aside from a little cart horse (which I don't intend to be looking for for quite some time) I have no reason or desire to have one. I really like them though!

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  6. VermilionStrife

VermilionStrife Senior Member

You can drive a mini!!

I would say warmbloods. I love watching Dressage and such, but I'm a hunter person at heart and I enjoy my QH's. I prefer the flatter strides to the big lofty ones. I just don't really enjoy Dressage in itself as a sport anymore and I'm not sure why. I plan to try out eventing in a few years when my horse has a little more age on him (5 currently), so maybe that will re-kindle my interest.

7. Faster Horses

Faster Horses Senior Member

I think I'd give nearly anything a shot. I'm really hoping to get into driving (maybe soon!) so I'd take a mini or pony.

Love the hotter breeds, but appreciate a slower ride occasionally. I like gaits, I like trots...

Doggone, I just like horses.

Arem and Alsosusieq2 like this.
  8. LaceyInJuneau

LaceyInJuneau Full Member

I thought the same thing until I rode one for a few years ago. OMG when I turn 60 and my back is shot I'll get one and putter around.

I can't see myself owning a draft or draft cross, or a halflinger.

RelaxMax likes this.
  9. bellalou

bellalou Senior Member

Yeah, gaited horses are another. I love the looks of some of them. I've always had a soft spot for ASBs and I like Rocky Mountains. But I'm just not a fan of gaited movement. Yeah, it's smooth but it's just weird to me. I like a trot. Maybe that's weird. :p

kodemiester and Alsosusieq2 like this.
  10. LaceyInJuneau

LaceyInJuneau Full Member

Have you ever ridden a paso? It's the strangest feeling of being on a magic carpet. Definitely takes some getting used to though.

Mirage, Dream27, Alsosusieq2 and 2 others like this.