Braiding/Banding for QH Congress

Discussion in 'Equestrian Events, Shows, Competitions' started by EnglishRider234, Mar 10, 2017.

1. EnglishRider234

EnglishRider234 Senior Member

I know it's early, but I know people tend to book up pretty fast. The 2017 schedule just went live so I am starting to think about these things!!

Who does everyone use for banding/braiding at QH Congress? I usually do this myself, but want to be sure my horse looks absolutely flawless. I would need a braider for the L1 Am HUS which is on Monday Oct 23, and a bander for the L1 Am SMS which is on Tuesday Oct 24. Any suggestions on people who are reasonably priced would be awesome!

2. VermilionStrife

VermilionStrife Senior Member

You can message Parris Rice, I think she will be there and I know she does braiding. Other than that I don't know who does it off the top of my head. I usually do my own for regular level shows.

ETA: I also know Julian Harris does braiding. He may or may not be there.

EnglishRider234 likes this.
  3. LoveTrail

LoveTrail Senior Member

Julian probably will be there too, but I also think my friend Carly Lueck will probably be there again this year. Here's her Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/carly.estr...10154621977730697.1073741831.769640696&type=3

And a sample of her work. She also does the hunter/jumper circuits here.

This is the one time Foxy was done. Normally don't do English, but do it at the Novice Championships. Now he is roached.

[​IMG]

And a more recent one.
    [​IMG]

And she does tails too.
    [​IMG]

Braider wise, I don't know know the name my daughter's trainer uses, but she she uses her at all the shows. I would have to ask my daughter. When Foxy used to have a mane I have used Ryan Berry, I think he braids too, Tina Freeland, and the best one is Michelle Swanson, she is so popular with the halter people that she has to cut them off since I guess it is a bit different in how halter people get their horses banded.

A fancy banding by her.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
  4. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

The first two sets of braids are beautiful @LoveTrail that is one talented braider!

5. LoveTrail

LoveTrail Senior Member

Thanks, Carly is. Everyone uses her in Colorado first. And the one time she couldn't make it her replacement was excellent.

6. VermilionStrife

VermilionStrife Senior Member

Maybe I need to take some braiding lessons from her! Lol very nice braids

kodemiester and LoveTrail like this.