Body stretching for horses

Discussion in 'Horse Health' started by VermilionStrife, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Rhythm 'n Blues

Rhythm 'n Blues Senior Member

There will be more body compensations that just the shoulders. Chiro is a good idea, but it only addresses the skeleton. I would work with a massage therapist or if you can find it, someone who does Cranial Sacral work in horses. I've seen some unbelievable results with CS work in horses and I find they tend to take to it much better than Chiro or Massage.

VermilionStrife likes this.
  2. VermilionStrife

VermilionStrife Senior Member

Yeah I really want to get a massage therapist, that's next on the list. I only just now found a chiro! Lol my vet is one, but he never wants to adjust anything. He tests by running a pen around on his body. :oops: My jumping coach is using gymnastic exercises to help me work on the imbalances also. He definitely has more than just his left shoulder. At the trot the RH doesn't reach as much either (I assume because of the LF?), but at the walk and canter he is even on both hind legs.

3. Rhythm 'n Blues

^ RH not reaching as much isn’t always b/c of the LF.

There’s an ebook you can get off amazon for very little money that is about doing your own CS work. While you won’t be as effective as a professional, you can’t do any harm & might be really surprised the improvements it can make!

4. VermilionStrife

Might have to look into it. Haha Thank you! What's the name of the book?

5. VermilionStrife

Oh! Also, just since I know I've had this conversation with you before, I was diagnosed with a limb length disparity this week, lol. I wear a heel lift in my left shoe now. I've been doing PT for several weeks for a knee problem and they decided to test me and the lift has made an immediate difference. :) Not sure that you care, but figured I would mention it!

Rhythm 'n Blues likes this.
  6. Rhythm 'n Blues

“Is your horse 100%?” Is the name of the book. It’s not super overly detailed, but it’s cheap, and once you start playing with the idea it will make more sense.

Very neat to know! Glad you’ve found something that helps!

7. VermilionStrife

Thank you! I'll look into getting it. I just need to find my laptop cord so I can download it. I moved a couple months ago and haven't been able to find the power cord!