Betta Fish Rescue!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by BurningAmber, Jun 25, 2012.

1. BurningAmber

BurningAmber Senior Member

As many of you know Betta fish are my big love after Horses, in fact I probably love them just as much as I love the horses. And I have recently started up my own small scale betta fish rescue. So many people are misinformed about the proper care of betta fish, and I'm doing my best to educate as many people as I can!

I thought I would show everyone some before and after shots of some of my rescues. I think you'll be amazed at the difference a proper setup can make to these little fish!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This little man is my newest rescue, he's eating and improving slowly but still has a very long road ahead of him!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

For more information on the proper care of bettas, or to learn how you can help you can visit my website at http://www.moonshadowbettas.com or like us on facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Moon-Shadow-Bettas-Betta-Sale-and-Betta-Fish-Rescue/142716799156901

3 people like this.
  2. Zonkey

Zonkey Senior Member

That's amazing! You're doing a great thing! I'm all for anyone/anything that spreads awareness for proper fish care. :D I had no idea bettas who look like that could be saved. I always thought the ones who look like that in the cups are too long gone to even try to save them. I'm amazed how that one went from white/red to those other colors. o.o I'm inspired to do the same with my next betta! I rescue silver dollars myself, who I find all alone beat up and sick, because many people aren't aware of how sensitive and shy they are when they purchase them.

3. BurningAmber

BurningAmber Senior Member

Thank you!!! I really want to do all I can to spread proper awareness for fish, it really bothers me when someone says "who cares, it's just a fish"

1 person likes this.
  4. Deltadawn37

Deltadawn37 Full Member

I got a betta last August...I kept it in a 5 gallon (full setup) with an algae eater. The filter current was a bit strong for him at first (he was weak from being in a tiny cup), but he got stronger and the fish got along well. Then, one day, I looked over at the tank in the afternoon and both of them were dead! It turned out my heater had fried:no: and heated the tank to 90 degrees.:eek2: It was sad...

Anyway, I hope your rescues keep getting better!

5. HUS_WP_lovr

HUS_WP_lovr Senior Member

They all look so much better! The color change on the first one is unbelievable!
    I bought a betta at Walmart about a year ago now. He was not in terrible shape but the change in his fins and color from then to now is amazing.
    "Dewey"
    [​IMG]

6. Bluegirl_13601

Bluegirl_13601 Senior Member

I buy bettas that I like but they think they have to change color... one was really pale with red fin tips within a couple months you wouldnt have known it was the same fish, deep red with some blue