Best thing I've read about Trump.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by slc, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Baboo

Baboo Senior Member

I saw some reports that this dip is a bit different than most, not that I understand much about the market. There was mention of companies that are in fact feeling the pinch of tariffs now having to downgrade their projections. Makes sense to me - increased costs will have an effect on the bottom line for anyone. Many people far more knowledgeable than me have suggested that a recession is quite likely within the next year or so.

Alsosusieq2, manesntails and ginster like this.
  2. Jim_in_PA

Jim_in_PA Senior Moderator Staff Member

Yes, tariffs and other trade issues combined with increasing interest rates will definitely affect projections.

ginster, Alsosusieq2 and manesntails like this.
  3. slc

slc Senior Member

How's this for sneaky?

Heidi Heitcamp voted against Kavanaugh, and now they'll get rid of her.

Simple. She's supported by Native Americans in her state.

Her state court just upheld a law that requires people to have a permanent residential address in order to vote.

Many of the Native Americans in her state do not.

They live on a reservation, and they use a post office box as their address.

With a single stroke of a pen, they are all unable to vote. There won't be time for them to change their addresses before the elections in November.

4. slc

slc Senior Member

Oh and Kemp is doing something similar in Georgia. He's Secretary of State, running for governor.

So, as Secretary of State, he simply de-registered thousands of black voters.

And in this case, when people re-apply to register to vote, their registrations are 'held up.'

And of course most don't even know they've been de-registered. So they won't apply to re-register, but even if they did, their re-registrations would not go through.

Sneaky, huh?

In other words, to win the elections, these guys cheat.

5. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Heard about this yesterday. Really unbelievable what they do..

Hoping there's a work around. Things like this just prior to election?

ginster likes this.
  6. ginster

ginster Senior Member

Yup, it started to show here in Europe as well...though I do think we will get off easier that the US...

manesntails and Alsosusieq2 like this.
  7. ginster

ginster Senior Member

"Sneaky" is putting this nicely..

They are doing something similar with closing down the DMV offices in certain areas (coincidentally, in poor areas and/or areas with a high perecentage of POC..), making it virtually impossible for the residents to get a driver´s licence..and without that they can´t register to vote.

manesntails, Baboo and Alsosusieq2 like this.
  8. ginster

ginster Senior Member

You are very polite today.
    Kemp´s a racist piece of ****..
    Plus, it´s nothing new that they "cheat". Cheating makes it sound somewhat more harmless than what it is though. How is he not sued?
    I am currently trying to imagine what would happen here in Germany if a premier for one of our Bundesländer had de-registered, say, the people of turkish descent...

9. ginster

ginster Senior Member

With the deadlines to register right around the corner, too...

10. ginster

ginster Senior Member

Have you heard? Melania Trump is, in her own words, the "most bullied person in the world".
    Yes, she gets a lot of hate that is unwarranted but she also gets criticised for the things she wears and THAT criticism *is* warranted.
    Her latest? That colonist getup for her journey through Africa. Right up to the helmet...:faint::faint::faint: , the "I really don´t care, do you?" coat, the getup she visits hurricane victims in... calling her "tone deaf" is putting it mildly.