Best thing I've read about Trump.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by slc, Feb 7, 2017.

1. CoffeeBean

CoffeeBean Senior Member

Smells like treason to me.

The man showed everyone who he was on the campaign trail. That was him at his best, when he was courting votes.

A lifetime of running roughshod over everyone & getting away with it. Abusing people, stealing from them (non-payment) because he had the resources to do so, his racism (family friend lived in Trump-owned building, he & his old man were sleazy slum lords), etc.

I wouldn't put it past him to suggest that Democrats are enemies if the nation and how easily they can be found & dealt with before this is all over.

Not that Pence or Ryan are any better in my view.

We will now see if either political party has backbone. There are checks and balances, but only if they are put into play. I'm not holding my breath.

Baboo, Alsosusieq2 and manesntails like this.
  2. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

The November primaries are coming up. The only way anything will be done about him is if the Democrats do it and they need more votes in Congress to become the Majority Party.
    When and if that happens, his backside is grass and the Democracy gets to be the sod cutter.

The Republicans have no interest in the Country. They just want to retain their voters: Trump Voters, so they can retain their seats in Congress.

Baboo, CoffeeBean and Alsosusieq2 like this.
  3. Baboo

Baboo Senior Member

I agree totally that Trump showed himself on the campaign trail, and I still can't grasp how anyone could see him as presidential material. I understand wanting change. I understand not feeling represented. I get that. What I don't get is how you think Trump is the answer. And yet, his followers think he's God's gift - literally, in some cases.

In one respect, this is a huge wake up call for the rest of the world. It's time for Europe, Canada, the UK, Australia, Japan etc. to seriously rethink their ties to the US for both defense and trade. The fact that an election is the US is having such a profound effect elsewhere is scary, and I think we (non-US countries) need a definite Plan B, C, and D that does not involve any sort of dependency on the US. One election of one moronic narcissist and the world is in turmoil. That is insane.

I hope US citizens are inundating their members of Congress and Senators with calls to act. And that the reps listen.

4. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

Exactly, i totally feel the same..but I guess at least some may have realized why we elect politicians to the top job....because there is more to it than a person thinks..

5. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

6. Baboo

Baboo Senior Member

I know Obama was always a skilled orator, but isn't that just compelling?? Can you imagine Trump even having a thought that complex, let alone being able to articulate it in such an eloquent manner?

7. Baboo

Baboo Senior Member

manesntails and ginster like this.
  8. ginster

ginster Senior Member

So now he had to explain himself to members of Congress?
    And that he really meant to say ",I don't see a reason why it couldn't have been Russia".
    he even went so far as to e plain a double negative to everyone.e

this would be comededic gold if it wasn't so infuriating.

Alsosusieq2 and manesntails like this.
  9. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

*wink, wink* "I mispoke, misunderstood, was only kidding folks" doesn't fly. Reason? We watched everything like a hawk and from body language to intent, to language there and elsewhere, he's siding with a hostile nation and my logical decision is for money. He wants his brands in pro-Trump Russia so badly he would sell us out, as well as the free world. Russia fully intends to reclaim their Soviet occupied territories. I also have a niggling feeling he has kompromat that can be levered against him.

Russia is a gorgeous country, with a lot of great people, but their government is predatory. Believe me, they're wolves if allowed to be. Live in a former occupied country and you'd understand. We're starting to develope a blasé attitude, the "the cold war is over" let's be buds and that's very, very dangerous. I don't trust Russia as far as I could throw the 400lb man in a basement that Trump alluded to who "probably" hacked. As it turns out, we have 23 Russians, 11 with ties to Putin who only would have worked on his orders, no freelance.

Russia is tied to so many things plus cyber attacks - Brexit and we can't lose the plot. The GOP is rolling over though, big surprise. We literally have to get a balance of power back in our own country as it's off the chain.

I don't think many GOP care about what Russia did and is currently doing, because it benefits them and Trump. It's pretty disturbing.

Our problems with the tariff's are starting to hit, closings predicted by Sept of one Missouri business and there'll be others. It's literally right out of the old Kremlin book on dismantling a country from within and Trump's heading us straight for the rocks, when and if he can. It's a little alarming.

All I can say is vote blue

Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
    Baboo and manesntails like this.
  10. bobo and horses

bobo and horses Senior Member

This thing has to go. ASAP Remember to vote in November, the only way this will help him be a one term wonder. And, they MUST find someone more capable to run against him in the next presidential election.