Best thing I've read about Trump.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by slc, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Arem

Arem Senior Member

.... Ok, I'm not getting it. Why is getting off at 6:30 a bad thing?

I can't praise workaholics who do nothing but workworkwork all the time, on any company level. I CAN praise someone, even someone I do not like, for realizing that LIFE is important and worth clocking out for.

You can't take it with you when you die, so what is the point of working long, long days and letting children grow up without their parents? Without actually going out and enjoying what life has to offer outside of the office?

2. GotaDunQH

GotaDunQH Senior Member

Working for 8-6pm a few days a week...well I do it from time to time. My question is...how many man hours in his day is spent on Tweeting like a child and other stuff like that.

3. CJ

CJ Senior Member

Trump haters need a better hobby.
    I grew up with+- a dad who put 12-16 hours a day into building business, and running it, and maintaining it. He was gone before i went to school and home after I went to bed. Weekends werent Beaver-Cleaver type scenarios of attention either. "Family time" was being hauled to the boat every decent weekend, whether in drydock or maybe good enough condition to take out. He never came to track or band or horse shows. He didnt even Know about the horse for a while. He was too busy working anyhow.
    So if someones successful, affluent or just dedicated enough to knock off at or before sundown and go home, Thats Not a Bad Thing.
    BTW 1st Family protected Wherever they are NY, White House, DC, on the go or otherwise, and I bet Trump Tower was Highly secure before DC/CIC ever became a factor.

4. GotaDunQH

GotaDunQH Senior Member

I have a hobby...thank you and I have the right to hate such a dangerous, super egoed, and self centered man such as Trump.

250girl, merlin, MIEventer and 13 others like this.
  5. Jim_in_PA

Jim_in_PA Senior Moderator Staff Member

Um...his wife and child are in NYC in Trump Tower, not at the White House. He's basically living alone in the White House...presumably...

But that's neither here nor there. The previous occupant of that seat, while taking time for family dinner whenever possible, didn't let that keep him from working what is essentially a 24/7 job.

6. Garfield70

Garfield70 Senior Member

According to who?

7. all4him

all4him Senior Member

And I highly doubt he is unreachable at 7 pm or 3 am. ;)

endurgirl likes this.
  8. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

This should be the first question that we ask with every fact, alternative fact, opinionor whatever that we hear.

According to who, and what is their agenda. I have no love for Trump whatsoever, but I do try and remember to ask.

zett, lucky_pine and Faster Horses like this.
  9. all4him

all4him Senior Member

When my husband had his business and sold it to a Japanese firm, the company that bought it sent a guy over to the US with his family for a year to learn the ropes and begin to take over the company. He had a 12 year old son and 1 1/2 year old daughter. Our only child at the time was 1 1/2 also so we got together a lot. At about 6 pm, my husband would tell Aki to go home to his family and it was such a new concept to him. They shut down the building so he pretty much had to go home. After about 3 months, our families went on a ski trip with a number of other employees (most of the employees had been friends of ours in the past or had become friends through building the company) and Aki pulled my husband aside and told him that he though the American way of working was better. He had worked 6 days a week in Japan and never saw his son because he'd leave before he got up in the morning and get home after he was in bed. He was so enjoying being a part of the family here in the US and being able to eat dinner with his family and many mornings have breakfast with them as well. After a year, Aki went back to Japan and ended up leaving the company that he worked for and went to work for a US company in Japan. He never wanted to back to not seeing his family again. There is something to be said for being able to be around your family and getting away from work. :)

TheSnowLeopard and Arem like this.
  10. Arem

Arem Senior Member

If you hate him, how are you better than he is?

Dislike is fine. Hate is awfully strong. Especially so soon into this misadventure.

GooseIsLoose likes this.