Best summer breeches for riding

Discussion in 'Tack & Equipment' started by Nursestephanie2, Jun 8, 2018.

1. 250girl

250girl Senior Member

Kerrits flow rise tights. They have been super nice for me and stand up quite a long time .

2. Rachel1786

Rachel1786 Senior Member

I'm really liking my horze grand Prix silicone full seat breeches, and my last order they send me a pair of their Belinda full seat tights which are also really nice!

Nursestephanie2 likes this.
  3. ChestersMomma

ChestersMomma Senior Moderator Staff Member

I have been wondering the same.

I went on a limb and dropped 70$ on the Ariat Heat Series tights. They are marketed to be cooling/moisture wicking. They have mesh side panels at the hips. I will tell you they are NOT a good solution. I felt like the material actually made me hotter (hotter than my breeches for sure) and they are SO slick. The silicone “knee patch” is garbage.

4. kb1gra

kb1gra Senior Member

I just got three pairs of the ovation aerowick tights and actually really like them. They have belt loops so I don't feel like I look ridiculous and they're lightweight, plus cheap.

5. CatsScienceCoffee

CatsScienceCoffee Full Member

These!

https://www.amazon.com/TuffRider-Wo...d=1528678526&sr=8-3&keywords=tuffrider+tights

They're TuffRider brand summer tights with silicone knee patches. I have a few pairs in tan and brown. They're cheap (~$30), they have actual knee patches unlike regular tights, and they're cool and ventilated. I wish they had pockets but you can't have everything for $30 in the horse world. In the summer I usually ride in a sun shirt and a fanny-pack for my phone, and these tights have been a lifesaver.

I also have a pair of summer Kerrits breeches and while I LOVE them, they were about $90 new and I just can't afford a closet full of breeches that expensive. The Tuffriders have been a great compromise.

And FWIW, I'm a Kerrit's and Tuffrider medium size, usually a 30R in most breeches. I'm pretty curvy and hippy so I need something that will accommodate that, and these breeches fit wonderfully.

6. palogal

palogal Senior Member

Kerrits riding tights. I'm kind of picky and will ride in my pipers even it's stupid hot (and it is I'm in Texas) but if it's particularly miserable I go to my kerrits.

7. StraightandTrue

StraightandTrue Senior Member

D399A250-57D7-4BCD-9C99-4286C40B2D7C.png 04D9F464-34C8-4156-AE4C-E13F0D0E70D7.png I used to be a Kerrits girl but now I’m obsessed with BARE Equestrian silicon grip tights. Super grippy and super breathable. I lived in them during our hot Australian summer where you get temperatures over 40C. They are not terribly expensive and the design is very flattering with a wide waistband and pops of colour. I can legit wear these tights all day and not feel the need to rip them off the second I dismount.

8. kb1gra

kb1gra Senior Member

I really wish my rear looked like that in tights...

Nursestephanie2 and mooselady like this.
  9. StraightandTrue

StraightandTrue Senior Member

One of my curvier friends wears Black Horse Clothing tights which have less clingy material if that would help you feel less self conscious? They're still very breathable from what I understand, but I haven't worn a pair myself. Coolmax.JPG

Larkspade likes this.