Best style of bridle for his face

Discussion in 'Tack & Equipment' started by Ziast, Oct 18, 2017.

1. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

I like that Dyon with the anatomical flash, that you posted in your pictures, for him. I think it would lessen the look of the busy stripe on his face.
    Just my opinion, though.

2. Ziast

Ziast Senior Member

Does that Dyon have a removable flash, tab and all? Looked at their site it looks like the only contoured noseband, but I don't want/need a flash.

3. Rhythm 'n Blues

Rhythm 'n Blues Senior Member

Ziast, will you be showing any specific discipline in the bridle?

I invite you to check out Lund Saddlery. There's a wider noseband fancy stitch coming in shortly AND I'm told that "wider in the middle" bridle style like the Dyon you posted will also be coming in a no flash option.

The color is what your looking for & we can do the wide flat leather noseband - which I really think would look amazing on your guy!

4. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Nice. :)

DocsLglyBlonde likes this.
  5. Ziast

Ziast Senior Member

We're going to play in the low hunters. While I don't expect us to show much next year, I don't want to buy a schooling bridle and have it look medocre then later buy a show bridle that looks good. I'll just use my dressage bridle until I find the one I want. I have a brown bridle that fits him too, but the throatlatch is on the last hole and it's quite narrow leather.

I haven't heard of Lund. I'll go check them out. Thanks.

6. Rhythm 'n Blues

If low hunters is your plan, I wouldn't even touch flat leather.

Lund doesn't have the 2 I mentioned out yet, but seriously check them. The quality for what you pay basically cannot be beat! It's absolutely insane what you get for your money. So while there's be a wait - I have no doubt you would be thrilled with your bridle & have a bridle that could pull double duty (schooling & show) for YEARS to come.

Find them on FB & IG too. Free monthly give away too I mean how do you say no to that?!?

ginster and DocsLglyBlonde like this.
  7. Ziast

Ziast Senior Member

The reviews I found looked really good. I'll go find them on Facebook. Then I'll be up to date if the new styles come out. The cost is certainly more reasonable than the Dyon and similiar ones I saw. Hopefully they'd be in oversized through. I notice the snaffle doesn't have OS but the flash does.

Canadian too. Bonus!

8. hamerface

hamerface Senior Member

Canadian company manufactured abroad

9. Rhythm 'n Blues

Honestly, you need a REALLY big horse to need OS! The big mare I have in my string you look st & go "OS for sure" but unfortunately not in Lund. Plus each bridle comes with 2 sets of cheek pieces, so you could get horse & choose OS cheek pieces if he just has a long head.

It's not that they run large, it's that they are so adjustable & the extra cheek pieces makes life even better :)

But there's a money back guarantee - don't like it or it doesn't fit - send it back for a full refund. Or you could exchange sizes if you needed too!

Plus there's charts for all their products....so you get a good idea of size :)

Tack Collector likes this.
  10. Ziast

Ziast Senior Member

That's really nice about the two cheek pieces. I did see the measures on the site. I'll have to measure once I get closer to actually buying, but he's got a big head. Not chucky, but long. His current bridle OS xfull and it's on the middle holes, the Brown bridle is a full and it's last holes on almost everything. He's a big guy, 17.2 , 84" blanket, 60" girth. My reins have to be like 60" or something.

Rhythm 'n Blues likes this.