Best places to live with horses

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by Huntseatin593, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Huntseatin593

Huntseatin593 Senior Member

I am trying to find "my place". I have lived up and down the east coast and have a few favorite spots but just wonder what everyones favorite horse place to be is?

I am looking for some where that is horse friendly. Would like to have a boarding barn, type business so not too over crowded with horse facilities. I show AQHA so show arenas are a must. I live 70 degree weather year round :p(LOL! I know that isn't possible but decent weather would be highly picked) Good family environment, good school system and safe.

Any suggestions or your favorite places?

2. draftlover

draftlover Senior Member+

I believe the place you are looking for is called "Heaven" Ü

3. Huntseatin593

LOL! I want to go there but not just yet ;)

Maybe I should ask where would you NOT live???

4. joce

joce Senior Member+

I love ohio but I know the weather scares people away.

Congress is close though and if your on the outskirts of Cleveland or Columbus people actually have some money to spend.

You can find places here with lots of land and an indoor cheap. Or a finished place like this not so cheap
    http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/3086-St-Rt-20_Collins_OH_44889_M33177-46306

If you really want to move to the country you can get lots of land cheap. We are looking in sullivan now. 6 acres,4bedroom 2bath house built in 2000 for 111,000. But its a 40 min drive to work for me:cool:

The only thing with the country is you get borders with training. Otherwise peoples horses are in their back yard. I want to do retirement boarding in my dreamworld.

Many of our schools still have FFA. Is it sad that is my criteria on finding a good school if I ever have kids?!

Last edited: Feb 22, 2011
  5. KiereeAngel86

KiereeAngel86 Senior Member+

Though I love the South and mid west, I love Washington State for many reasons. Our schools in my town need some improvement but overall not bad, We don't have poisonist snakes, scorpions, and only one bad spider. I have only seen one tick in my whole life here. We have some great arenas and many horse riding trails and camps.
    Yes, we have a long rainy season and do flood but no tornadoes or hurricane. For me, this makes it pretty much the perfect place to live. :O)

6. texasgal

texasgal Senior Member+

I'm a little prejudice .. *wink*

7. paintedreddy

paintedreddy Senior Member

Whatever you do, don't come to Florida!

8. texasgal

texasgal Senior Member+

Been there. Done that. That's part of the reasonn I'm where I'm at now.. :p

9. Huntseatin593

Thanks! I have been to and through Ohio a couple of times. Is the cost of living expensive up there? How is the job market? I really do like it. My husband likes Michigan too I told him that is fine but we better have a barn with an indoor and it must be connected to the house so I don't have to go out in the snow :p

Never thought of Washington. I will have to look into.

Been to FL several of times... not really my cup of tea. My grandmother use to live there.

GA was in question to. But don't really know much about it. I have been to Perry for a show one time many years ago... thats it.

Thanks Everyone keep the replys coming :)

10. Oreos Girl

Oreos Girl Registered

Property taxes near Perry Georgia are high. The next county (Peach) over is 3.08%. Houston County (Perry's county) are supposed to be cheaper. Properties with lots of land isn't cheap. I like most of the weather however. Except from the end of June until the beginning of October it is too hot to work outside. You might also want to look up near Conyers, GA you have a big showing area up there also.