Best place to buy dressage boots?

Discussion in 'Tack & Equipment' started by funkybizniz, Feb 13, 2019.

1. funkybizniz

funkybizniz Full Member

It is time for me to admit I need to replace my boots.

I am riding 3-4 horses/day, six days a week. I am not made of money but I know boots are an investment. They need to hold up for a while.

Where did you buy your current boots and for how much? Thoughts on different brands/which will hold up best?

2. slc

slc Senior Member

Dehner, and chose heavy leather, i think it's still called Dragoon leather. It does not polish to a high sheen, but still polishes up very nicely. Lasts forever. The key is really who fits you and how good a job they do.

Dehner is a great company. Once when my boots were stolen they sent me a new pair in a few weeks. Normally it does take a while as they are custom made.

3. funkybizniz

funkybizniz Full Member

I don't really need customs and I've had friends that have had bad experiences with them. I am looking more towards Petrie/Konigs, something like that.

4. kb1gra

kb1gra Senior Member

I’ve been wearing Petrie for 15 years. I buy mine from a Peter Van Huet @ Dutch Riding Boots and get an average of 5-6 years out of a pair of Olympics before they die.

5. funkybizniz

funkybizniz Full Member

Are they still looking good? I was looking online at that site, I really like the look of the Sublime.

6. kb1gra

kb1gra Senior Member

I mean, I’m not kind to mine - I actually bought a pair of Padovas this year because I wanted something a little softer/with a gusset to fit winter breeches in, and I think they’re a great value for $300.

I did order two pairs from Celeris earlier this year for the colors. The sublime are quite pretty but narrower in the ankle which I can’t do because I’m short and I have to cuff breeches sometimes.

7. Rhythm 'n Blues

Rhythm 'n Blues Senior Member

I LOVE my Cavallos, but have heard & believe that Konigs last the longest & hold up the best.

8. funkybizniz

funkybizniz Full Member

I currently have Cavallos. They are getting worn and the sole is peeling away from the foot. I've had them about 3 years. They are okay but they don't fit me the best because I have skinny legs.
    @kb1gra How are the Celleris?

9. kb1gra

kb1gra Senior Member

I don't have them yet - I ordered first week of january and they aren't expected until May :rolleyes:

10. Rhythm 'n Blues

Rhythm 'n Blues Senior Member

Odd, I have insanely little calves. Like most sock bottom breeches are too big in the calf lol. My callovos fit fantastically and I’ve had them for 5+ years and they are in great shape. I also ride in them ALL THE TIME. They are my main riding boot. I’ve been happy with them for sure :)

Alsosusieq2 likes this.