Best Grooming Brushes

Discussion in 'Horse Grooming' started by Horse Mimi, Jan 27, 2019.

1. sherian

sherian Senior Member

before I start fighting with google - does anyone know of a retailer in Canada carrying the Haas brushes?

2. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

Nope, I did the Google thing and ordered from the UK in the end

Rhythm 'n Blues likes this.
  3. sherian

sherian Senior Member

can live with ordering from the UK, have had nothing but headaches ordering from the US

4. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

It takes a bit longer, maybe....but zero hassle.

Rhythm 'n Blues likes this.
  5. Shortenmyreins

Shortenmyreins Registered

Horse & Rider in Sherwood Park, Alberta, carries some Haas brushes. They aren't listed on their website, but I'm pretty sure they will do phone orders. http://horseandridertack.ca/

I've ordered mine through Calevo in Germany. I've added one or two with other orders over the years, and I think I'm up to 6 or 7 Haas brushes now. I love them!

Schimmel - I have one for each horse since I have two greys. It just works so well!
    Red Star - large body brush, feels great to swoop across their body when they have short summer coats (doesn't work well with winter fluff)
    Der Gute - hard plastic curry comb - one horse loves it, the sensitive one mostly tolerates it
    Head Brush - a small, hand-sized soft body brush - the only brush the boy horse allows to touch his face
    Fellglanz - a very dense body brush, not as soft as others due to the denseness. I like to use it between the Schimmel and a body brush.
    Joker - the hoofpick
    Frank Universal Cleaning brush - a brush to clean my Haas brushes! I can't stand hair in my brushes so I scrape them a lot as I groom. This works really well to keep my brushes clean - but now I need a brush to clean my brush cleaning brush!

6. CoopersPprScpr

CoopersPprScpr Senior Member

How big are the Haas brushes? I have small hands, and large brushes really make my hands hurt. I do see they have some kid's versions - anyone seen them? know if they are equivalent quality?

7. Loona

Loona Full Member

I wouldn't buy the kid's version, because they don't have all the different models for different purposes.
    Most brushes are available in womens and mens size. Womens size is 3.15 x 7.87 inch.
    You can see the brushes available in women size here:
    HAAS Manufaktur
    If you click on DAMEN you can see all available in this size, there is an english description for each brush as well.

8. CoopersPprScpr

CoopersPprScpr Senior Member

Exactly what I wanted to know! Thanks @Loona :D

9. Shortenmyreins

Shortenmyreins Registered

I have kid sized hands - the Head brush is tiny and fits perfectly in my hand. The Fellglanz is probably the perfect size, the Schimmel is a good size, and the Red Star is really too big, but since I just use long sweeps on the body with this brush it works for me. I would not want such a large brush for a dandy brush.

10. Rhythm 'n Blues

Rhythm 'n Blues Senior Member

I have tiny hands - I wear size 7 gloves and Do not have an SSG hand...fingers are too short & fat for them. Lol. Schimmel is the perfect size for my hand....when I’m not wearing winter gloves. If I am, I have to leave my picky finger out as it won’t fit.