Bed in a Box

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by lucky_pine, Mar 16, 2019 at 2:29 PM.

1. lucky_pine

lucky_pine Senior Member

I've been reading reviews on the mattresses you can buy online from Walmart and Amazon that ship to your door step in a box. I'm down to a single mom income, and the mattress I have needs to go since it's uncomfortable and honestly, my ex is all over it. Petty, whatever.

Reviews have been decent on the hybrid memory foam with inner coil mattresses. I'm curious if anyone here has bought one and what you think? For under $400 I can have a queen size which is all I need.

Should I? Should I not?

2. Rhythm 'n Blues

Rhythm 'n Blues Senior Member

Hubby & I were staying at my parents many weekend prior to my father passing. Their “spare bed” was absolutely horrible. Well over 30yrs old, and there was way to lay without a spring digging in. It was so bad we treated to buy a memory foam mattress cover. Well my dad forced my mom to buy one. I can honestly tell you that turned the bed into the best more comfortable bed ever!

So while I have zero input on the Bed in a Box, If you’re on a budget, perhaps a nice thick memory foam topper might be a cheaper option & more budget friendly??

Just a thought. I’ll also be watching this thread as I’m just genuinely curious about the Bed in a Box cause I’ve seen the commercials too :)

3. stardozer

stardozer Senior Member+

I never even heard of it.

4. ginster

ginster Senior Member

I tend to generate a lot of body heat when sleeping. I had a memory foam mattress and I woke up dripping sweat almost all year. Summers were miserable, winters okay.
    I will never get another one. So a hard no from me if you are anything like described above.
    My ex liked the mattress well enough.
    They are not the firmest though.

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  5. bellalou

bellalou Senior Member

A friend just bought one and I slept in it when I visited. Really comfortable and the memory foam was just right. I was very impressed.

6. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

My husband is like you, he's like a furnace to sleep next to. I've never heard of the bed in a box thing myself though.

7. RusticR

RusticR Senior Member+

As a UPS driver I deliver a fair amount of them. Not sure how anyone likes them but they seem to be popular!

8. OldGreyMare

OldGreyMare Senior Member

We got a "bed in a box", a Tuft and Needle king size bed to be exact. Two words, LOVE IT! My hip pain is pretty much gone, I am comfortable all night, if you get up, you won't wake the hubby or bf with movement, it is quiet, soft, but not soft enough that it doesn't give support, well worth the money we paid for it. AND you don't get over heated or hot on these mattresses either, half the time I am asleep with a light throw over me.

I also liked that they give 100 day return policy if you don't like the mattress in any way.

Tuft & Needle: An Exceptional Mattress at a Fair Price

doublelranch and Rhythm 'n Blues like this.
  9. bellalou

bellalou Senior Member

I tend to overheat and didn’t at all. When I’m finally able to move I plan on buying one.

10. emali06

emali06 Senior Member

No comment or experience on beds in boxes but it is absolutely okay to replace a mattress that was used with a previous partner. When I was leaving my boyfriend long ago, my sisters peed on his(our) bed before we left the last time. :rofl: Now THAT is petty.